PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 07:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTV Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Simpdapimp is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Simpdapimp
Touch Pro Screen Not Responsive

I woke up this morning to my TP being frozen (which is nothing new, anytime i charge it overnight it freezes, comes with the territory i guess), but that not the problem the problem is once i soft reset once the TP loaded back up my touch screen no longer works!!!! I have no idea what could have caused this, i have no water damage, ony a few scrapes and chips. Im ont sure exactly what my options are. Is this something that maybe fixed with a Hard Reset, or is it time to go ahead and get a new phone? I was tryin to hold off on having to replace it until the TP2 comes out(whenever that is). So with that said which option is more feasible right now, hard reset(not sure if it will work) or head to BB or Sprint for a new phone under manufacturer's warranty? Thanks.

Simpdapimp
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

lilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to lilbitz_1018
Re: Touch Pro Screen Not Responsive

its always easier to do a hard reset rather than go through the hassle of getting anything new. What rom are you running? if your screen is frozen go ahead and do a hard reset.
Report back
Old 05-25-2009, 07:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Not sure what ROM im using i flashed it a while back. Hard Reset did nothing, i guess its off to BB to fight for a new one under Manufacturer's warranty, bc i think thats the only way to get one and avoid resetting my upgrade status. Damn and this had to happen on a Holiday!

Simpdapimp
Old 05-25-2009, 09:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

lilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to lilbitz_1018

Oh wow. sorry to hear that. "/
Maybe try flashing another rom and see if it works or not. Well, if you feel like you need to get that replaced then go ahead.
Good Luck
Old 05-25-2009, 07:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yeah, i have tried 3 different roms now, and i cant get past the "Align Screen" menu bc the screen is unresponsive. Will Sprint honor a manufacturers warranty without insurance, or do i need to have insurance to for them to honor the manufacturer's warranty.

Simpdapimp
Old 05-25-2009, 10:25 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpdapimp View Post
Yeah, i have tried 3 different roms now, and i cant get past the "Align Screen" menu bc the screen is unresponsive. Will Sprint honor a manufacturers warranty without insurance, or do i need to have insurance to for them to honor the manufacturer's warranty.

Simpdapimp
may is open enrollment for tep. you can get insurance on any sprint phone bought from anyone throughout the month of may.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I LOVE SPRINT REPAIR CENTERS!!!! Ok, here is the deal. With my currrent problem at hand(see Original Post) i was set that i was gonna have to buy a new phone. But i got lucky! I went to a Sprint repair center (not corporate but 3rd party co) and showed the repairman the phone and his first initial reaction was "Damn how did you get all those scratches and your case is cracked!" So i explained the scratches came from the pathetic velcro carrying case. He then started looking at my phone and to fix the screen not responding he took his fingernail and along the edge of the screen lifted the top plastic part up. I was loosing my mind bc im thinking this is def gonna mess my phone up but it fixed the screen!!! He said something about sensors along the edge that are reset when you do this. So i was super happy, phone working and i can at least hold out til TP2, thats when he did the unthinkable. He told me "Well since your phone is still under warranty, I could order you a new one and pick it up in 2 days" Didnt even mention insurance. So then i asked could i at least keep my current phone until then and he said yes, just bring it back in a couple days when you get your new one and your set! I think i just found my Sprint store FOREVER!!! I had lost all hope and was ready to bite bullet to pay for new one, but there are good sprint repairmen out there, and i have a newfound respect for them!!!!

Simpdapimp
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

ethinton is a n00b

Resurrecting this thread to say that the info in the last post just got my touchscreen going again after it had been unresponsive for roughly 12 hours. Thanks so much for posting the info, I appreciate it very much!
Old 12-30-2009, 11:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

J_Frawst is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to J_Frawst
Thumbs up Re: Touch Pro Screen Not Responsive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpdapimp View Post
I LOVE SPRINT REPAIR CENTERS!!!! Ok, here is the deal. With my currrent problem at hand(see Original Post) i was set that i was gonna have to buy a new phone. But i got lucky! I went to a Sprint repair center (not corporate but 3rd party co) and showed the repairman the phone and his first initial reaction was "Damn how did you get all those scratches and your case is cracked!" So i explained the scratches came from the pathetic velcro carrying case. He then started looking at my phone and to fix the screen not responding he took his fingernail and along the edge of the screen lifted the top plastic part up. I was loosing my mind bc im thinking this is def gonna mess my phone up but it fixed the screen!!! He said something about sensors along the edge that are reset when you do this. So i was super happy, phone working and i can at least hold out til TP2, thats when he did the unthinkable. He told me "Well since your phone is still under warranty, I could order you a new one and pick it up in 2 days" Didnt even mention insurance. So then i asked could i at least keep my current phone until then and he said yes, just bring it back in a couple days when you get your new one and your set! I think i just found my Sprint store FOREVER!!! I had lost all hope and was ready to bite bullet to pay for new one, but there are good sprint repairmen out there, and i have a newfound respect for them!!!!

Simpdapimp
Good lookin out Simp, Mine when out soon as I got home from taking my wifes phone to sprint.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Jitterbug
Carrier: US Cellular

titaniumgiant is becoming a great contributor

thats something i never experienced on my phone...but good to know about this sort of troubleshooting info. Although..i am baffled..how did he use the fingernail to lift the screen up??? i tried and i just dont see how its possible unless maybe use a razor blade or soemthign to even got the screens external points cuz of how close it is to the silver external band of the phone..?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro