PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Receiving time wrong? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69629)

Motionb 05-24-2009 09:35 PM

Receiving time wrong?

So basically I got my phone a couple of weeks ago and whenever I call someone or text someone it says that I sent it or called at the time it is. However, when I receive a text or have a missed call it always says it was sent 3 to 4 hours of what the time actually is. Is there a way I can fix this or does it have to do with my carrier?

Gunpuppy 05-26-2009 08:08 PM

Re: Receiving time wrong?

Actually, I have the same problem, and so do 2 of my friends (one with a touch pro and one with a diamond).
All three phones have been flashed to new roms (I have Mighty Rom 5, my other friends and co-workers have installed other ROMs). We've all been trying to find something to fix it. We verified the local clocks and it does display the "right" time and the sent messages are OK.
And we're all with Bell, too.

Motion, did you flash your phone as well?

Everyone else: if you have a fix/idea/whatever, please do share it! I,m out of ide

the92playboy 05-26-2009 10:06 PM

Me too. Exact same problem. I am on Bell as well, with a Mighty Rom.

BigDinCA 05-26-2009 11:29 PM

I'm assuming that you guys have updated your time zone settings since flashing to the new ROM's and that you've forced the network to update your time... is this correct?

gerbilx 05-27-2009 12:00 AM

when i had tmobile and it happened it was on their end. when i called them they said it was their bad and tossed a few free minutes my way. but tmo still sux anyway

Mattheyu 05-27-2009 04:51 AM

Occasionally I was getting weird errors with text messages being sent at times in the future and all others sent/received at the right time making for some strange threaded SMSs. I was using MightyROM 4R3loaded and 4.13-16 when I noticed things like this occuring. At some points, it got so bad that I thoughtt it was the radio and attempted flashing others, but it would still occur occasionally. I flashed to dcd's new one, and the Sprint stock, and haven't had an issue on any other ROM I've used. Maybe it's coincidence? Or some odd error in MightyROM's 6.1 ROMs.

Skyrunner84 05-27-2009 06:15 AM

I'm on Sprint and having a similar problem. Any time I sync to the computer, make a call or the phone sycs time with the network the clock resets 1 hour ahead. My time zone is set to AZ.

I have checked the settings in Settings/phone/service tab/time synchronization. I unchecked the box that says "Time synchronize with mobile network automatically". Then I manually change the time. This helps somewhat but every time I sync to the computer it resets the time ahead 1 hour again. This is getting old!!!

Can anyone help with this issue PLEASE!!!!!

resnor 05-27-2009 05:54 PM

I have that problem with txt messages, but only when I'm roaming. If I'm roaming, the txts come through with a time stamp of an hour behind the time. So, if I get a txt at 8, the time stamp says 7. Don't know how to fix that...

el ryno 05-27-2009 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyrunner84 (Post 937807)
I'm on Sprint and having a similar problem. Any time I sync to the computer, make a call or the phone sycs time with the network the clock resets 1 hour ahead. My time zone is set to AZ.

I have checked the settings in Settings/phone/service tab/time synchronization. I unchecked the box that says "Time synchronize with mobile network automatically". Then I manually change the time. This helps somewhat but every time I sync to the computer it resets the time ahead 1 hour again. This is getting old!!!

Can anyone help with this issue PLEASE!!!!!

Not sure I can help a lot, but I'm also in AZ with Sprint.
It happens to me if I set an alarm, my clock is good, but as soon as I turn the alarm off... my time jumps ahead an hour. The only fix I have found is to
uncheck the time sychronization in Phone settings, then change the clock to London time, then back to Phone settings and check/update time sychronization. My time and calendar items are fixed. Although my time zone saus Mt Time, instead of AZ time. But maybe that'll change in the future when everyone else changes their clocks with DTS. Hope this helps you.

Any ideas about my alarms? It's annoying!

Skyrunner84 05-27-2009 08:42 PM

Hey I have a crazy idea to fix all of this... we should just do away with DST!!! always liked living in AZ where we dont have to worry about it. Now MS has made us worry about it cuz they don't seem to get the fact that AZ does not use DST.

Short of my crazy idea, I think the problem would be solved if there was some way to disable the DST setting manually. Does anyone have any idea how to do this? Has anyone tried WM 6.5 with the time zone set to AZ time? If so does it work?