PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2009, 01:36 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

fasttommyv is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Did I kill my storage card???

I have a SanDisk 16gb storage card and am running juicy 7. Today i was downloading 2 17mb files to the phone at the same time. For some reason the phone locked up, and I soft restarted it. When the phone booted up i opened file explorer, and it basically locked up when i tried to explore the storage card. After like 5 minutes it loaded the files/folder names but any navigation or scrolling would take minutes to do. I hard reset the phone and the same thing happens. File explorer works fine with everything other then the storage card...

So I tried to reformat the storage card, and my computer doesnt even recoginize it and the formatting fails.

So did I somehow kill my storage card? Is there any software windows/ppc that can format the card better then the built in utility in windows?
Old 05-23-2009, 02:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700<Mogul<TP<TP2<EVO 4G<EVO 3D<Next?

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude
Re: Did I kill my storage card???

If your phone still recognizes the card. Usb it to your computer and file explore it that way. Not via ActiveSync. Had you encrypted the storage card?
Old 05-23-2009, 02:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Try this to revive your microSD card. It's a program you run on your phone.
http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/pag...ssStorage.aspx
Old 05-23-2009, 04:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

Quote:
So I tried to reformat the storage card, and my computer doesnt even recoginize it and the formatting fails.
I have this exact problem as well and have not been able to fix the card for months. The reason my locked up was I over filled the card and there was no room for data left and I can't delete any files to create room.

Quote:
If your phone still recognizes the card. Usb it to your computer and file explore it that way. Not via ActiveSync.
I have tried this NUMEROUS times without success.

Quote:
thanks for this I will try it, but I don't hold out much hope.

Other things I've tried is using several camera format apps in the camera and on the PC. I've also tried a number of different format applications both on the PC and on the PPC. I have also tried it in Vista, Windows 98, and XP.

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Sept 20| 21916| Sense 2.5|Cookie 2.0-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
EDC: htc TP2, Rohrbaugh R9 Stealth, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible NASB, Leatherman Squirt

Last edited by fat boy; 05-23-2009 at 04:45 AM.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

Quote:
This did not work for me
Old 05-23-2009, 09:03 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

battled with this a hile back to no avail, got a free exchange though....
Old 05-23-2009, 11:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

LoneSnark is keeping up the good workLoneSnark is keeping up the good work

This happened to me. When attached to a computer the card could not be written to, when in the phone it would take a minute to read anything. I suspect what happened is you (and I) reset the phone while the card was being written to and corrupted the wear leveling data, rendering the card useless. If you have had the card less than a year then you can take advantage of the manufacturer warranty for a free replacement (while it happens, it seems it shouldn't happen, so it is considered a manufacturer defect).
Old 05-23-2009, 12:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

lightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stuff

If you're to the point of just saying "SCREW IT!" Then try this low level format tool

http://hddguru.com/content/en/softwa...HDD-Wipe-Tool/
Old 05-23-2009, 01:29 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

Your sd card is probably dead. The tell tell sign is that it's taking forever to load files. I just sent my sandisk card in to get replaced. Had the same symptoms your card did.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

fasttommyv is a n00b

Thanks, sounds like i killed it. None of the above worked. How do I go about exchanging it? I bought it off amazon a few months ago.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro