PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2009, 11:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

ThatOneMexican is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Receive picture mail link via text?

Ok, I used to have a ppc-6700 where when I received picture mail, it would send me the link to it in a text message which was very convinient because I would just use wifi to see it. Well now I have a touch pro but it doesnt work the same way, now it uses the MMS app or whatever. Is there anyway I could get it how my ppc was and just receive a link via text?
Old 05-24-2009, 11:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700<Mogul<TP<TP2<EVO 4G<EVO 3D<Next?
Carrier: Sprint

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude
Re: Receive picture mail link via text?

Only way to truly do this is to remove the picturemail account. Stock rom may not let you do this. A cooked rom may not have the Sprint Picture mail app built in. Since the inception of the 6700, users have been trying to move away from having to email/open link. You want to revert back to that? You must have a data plan to have the TP, so it's not a matter of getting charged.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude

Use the removal cab from this thread.... Hopefully it works in the manner in which you want it to.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61802
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:16 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Yeah, while others have been trying to move away from it it try to stick with it because I dont need to have a data plan in order to open up the link. So yeah, I do want to revert back to that if it means me not having to pay for a data plan.

And as for HAVING to have a data plan to have a TP, I dont really think thats true because I do have a TP without a data plan, or atleast thats not true as a Sprint subscriber.

As for the Removel Cab, I'll give it a try and see what comes up. Thanks.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Yeah, update, if it worked in the manner you wanted it to. Don't forget to thank those that brought it to you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:58 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

WooHoo, well just uninstalling the software didnt work so I just went through the whole thing on that thread with installing srcsoft and IT WORKS! Well it doesnt give me the link but in does download onto my phone without using the costly data connection. the icon on top changes from EV to 1x so it takes a while for the pic to be downloaded but Im ok with that! Thanks!
Old 05-26-2009, 03:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Changes to 1x like when sending/receiving text messages? Or is it 1x with the 2 arrows (slower internet) speeds? No arrows may equal no charges.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro