PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2009, 01:18 PM
Lurker

text-hoe is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Concidering a touch pro2 when it's available...

I love the idea of a touchpro 2 when it's available. The customization of these devices sounds just mind blowing.

The deciding factor on weather I get one is a silly one unfortunately...

I play a game called TibiaME in my sparetime, some of you may know of it, some may not. (it's a MMORPG for mobile phones) I don't know if one could play it on the touch pro, or the pro2. I would assume there is an emulator out there somewhere that could be installed on here to play these games. I tried a search but it came up blank.

Anyone know of an emulator to install on these?
Old 05-24-2009, 02:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Concidering a touch pro2 when it's available...

It doesn't look like there is a win mobile version of the game.. I'm assuming it's a java based game? You could probably play it with the java app.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:13 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

um yea....games are fun but it would never be a deciding factor for me. (considering)
Old 05-24-2009, 02:21 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

text-hoe is a n00b

This java app, is it included on the phone or is it on here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmug View Post
It doesn't look like there is a win mobile version of the game.. I'm assuming it's a java based game? You could probably play it with the java app.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:21 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

to answer your question: NOPE! htc has do do alot of tweaking and hacking before i buy their next big bust.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

tbran is becoming a great contributor

I don't think a java virtual manager is part of the official Sprint ROM but it is usually included in most of the roms here. It doesn't matter anyway, most are freeware. Esmertec makes a good one and it can be found here, XDA Developers and at most of the freeware/shareware mobile sites on the web. A quick search of "java manager" will locate it for you. The issue with the TP2 that will be most offensive to anyone desiring to play existing or older games is the lack of a hardware d-pad. It is hard to get versions of older games that support virtual d-pad controls on the touchscreen. So that may be your bigger issue with a game like that. I personally prefer a phone with at least some hardware controls, so I might skip the TP2.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

zepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

New TP2 has no camera flash or dpad. Due to my stroke and Horner's, My LEFT HAD DOES NOT SWEAT! The bigger touch screen is nice, but with my left hand does not work well with touch. Same at the ATM . So the dpad is a must for me. Plus the new one uses the same msm7501a platform as the orginal. So it is the same basic phone with a few updates. Since the tp will also get the new wm6.5, it will get the tf3d2 update as per my post from Sprint and Htc. The new phone is bigger and the reason why the battery last longer is not based on hardware because it is the same, it's the new 1500mah battery.

Last edited by zepsamsung; 05-24-2009 at 08:31 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepsamsung View Post
New TP2 has no camera flash or dpad. Due to my stroke and Horner's, My LEFT HAD DOES NOT SWEAT! The bigger touch screen is nice, but with my left hand does not work well with touch. Same at the ATM . So the dpad is a must for me. Plus the new one uses the same msm7501a platform as the orginal. So it is the same basic phone with a few updates. Since the tp will also get the new wm6.5, it will get the tf3d2 update as per my post from Sprint and Htc. The new phone is bigger and the reason why the battery last longer is not based on hardware because it is the same, it's the new 1500mah battery.
It will also get the windows mobile 7 upgrade aswell.
Whenever microsoft gets around to it.

That's a major factor for the reason I'm waiting
for the TP2 instead of getting the TP.
With the TP2 I'll be able to keep it for quite a while.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Devilstrider is becoming a great contributor

I just want a stable touch flo 3D2. I'm getting the TP2 but i want that for my TP as well.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700<Mogul<TP<TP2<EVO 4G<EVO 3D<Next?

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude

"If" the specs that were mentioned in the WMExperts website holdup. The TP2 would be out for the count. And what brings it down? 3.5mm jack.

http://www.wmexperts.com/possible-sp...phone-aka-pink

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro