PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2009, 07:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch PRo
Carrier: Sprint

loren646 is keeping up the good workloren646 is keeping up the good workloren646 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Oil like residue inside phone - under screen... What?

I have some type of oily residue under my screen. Touch screen still works but it's hideous. How do i get it out? What caused this?
Old 05-23-2009, 07:54 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Oil like residue inside phone - under screen... What?

Impact usually...

Old 05-23-2009, 07:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch PRo
Threadstarter

loren646 is keeping up the good workloren646 is keeping up the good workloren646 is keeping up the good work

yes that could be it. i have it in my front pocket when i walked into a nyc subway turnstile.

Grr. Anything I can do about it now?
Old 05-23-2009, 09:14 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Goto your nearest and friendliest sprint store, or whatever your carrier is, and let them fix or order you a new one. That's considering you have TEP.
Old 05-24-2009, 12:11 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yah, this is a known issue with the TP. Luckily hasn't happened to me yet, but sorry to hear you have the problem.
Old 05-24-2009, 12:11 PM
Lurker

yagle is a n00b

I have the same issue, I was told it is due from heat and that they see it more often on the instinct.. they wanted $50 dollars for a replacement at the time, but now my hard keys are on the fritz so i get a new one (refurb?)
at no cost..
Old 05-24-2009, 06:41 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

You may be interested in looking at this and this one...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

faustt is a n00b

Just noticed this one my screen the other day. Was wondering what the hell was going on. Thanks for the links.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:26 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

BTW.... these Pros from Sprint have several different types of screen. I dont know why but they do. If you notice.. you will not find 2 identical Pros with the same backlight color. I have 2 pros.. one has a rigid feeling screen and the other has a kinda smushy feeling screen. the smuchy one has the oily defect. I will go to Sprint this week.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:00 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

It seems the build quality is pretty hit and miss Ex...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro