PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2009, 05:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

aprillia99 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Program Removal

Im found a ROM i like but there are certain programs on there that i dont use and\or need, so i want to remove them to free up space, but when i go to the remove program app, it doesnt list them they are all in one file, and i cant remove just the ones i want. is there a app out there that does give me that ability, i looked all over google and couldnt find one

Thanks
Old 05-23-2009, 06:11 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: Program Removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprillia99 View Post
Im found a ROM i like but there are certain programs on there that i dont use and\or need, so i want to remove them to free up space, but when i go to the remove program app, it doesnt list them they are all in one file, and i cant remove just the ones i want. is there a app out there that does give me that ability, i looked all over google and couldnt find one

Thanks
It is my understanding that anything 'cooked' into the ROM cannot be removed. I recently discovered that I cannot even remove a cab file from the windows directory that was placed there for UC customization, because the cab was 'cooked' into the ROM.
Old 05-23-2009, 06:12 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

aprillia99 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
It is my understanding that anything 'cooked' into the ROM cannot be removed. I recently discovered that I cannot even remove a cab file from the windows directory that was placed there for UC customization, because the cab was 'cooked' into the ROM.
Gotcha well thanks for the info, is there a way to disbable or anything like that or what in it is stuck in it?
Old 05-23-2009, 06:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

"It is my understanding that anything 'cooked' into the ROM cannot be removed. I recently discovered that I cannot even remove a cab file from the windows directory that was placed there for UC customization, because the cab was 'cooked' into the ROM."

You would be correct

Old 05-23-2009, 06:17 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

aprillia99 is a n00b

I got anther quick question can i add the pb shell to any ROM?
Old 05-23-2009, 06:19 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP

Quote:
Gotcha well thanks for the info, is there a way to disbable or anything like that or what in it is stuck in it?
The only thing you can really disable is today items (TouchFLo, Titanium, etc). If you are not happy with the available space, perhaps you can use a kitchen to cook your own ROM without all the flufff you dont use. There are a few good ones out there depending on your phone. Personally, I am waiting for Juicy to release his for the TP and Diamond (maybe others, I'm not sure how universal kithcens are). There is also the PPC Kitchen which will work will all models I believe.

The TP has oodles and oodles of memory though. Unlike the diamond, you are unlikely to run into issues based on low available memory and storage. Also, you can install many, perhaps even most programs to your storage card.

Last edited by mlin; 05-23-2009 at 06:41 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 06:20 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor

Quote:
I got anther quick question can i add the pb shell to any ROM?
From my experience, yes you can.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:07 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65925

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 05-23-2009, 09:24 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

hypnotic, did you make it big enough lol!
Old 05-23-2009, 09:41 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Sometimes you just have to.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro