PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2009, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

viwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mighty 4.16

I have no cut cards when it comes to this statement. I've tried pretty much all the roms out there and have reverted back to M4.16. It simply just works, and flawlessly I may add. I have the latest touch pal keyboard, vs 4.0 and the latest SM3 vs 6501 and this phone just can't be beat as far as stability, speed, functionality, compatability, etc! No disrespect to any chefs, because I sure as hell can't cook to save my life, but Mighty needs to be recognized time & time again for this superb rom!!!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:22 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL
Re: Mighty 4.16

you like it better than r3born? I used to say the same thing to everybody about 4.16.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I agree 100%, I am still running 4.16 on one of my three TP's.

R4RBORN (or whatever it's called, works just as well however- I'm running that on my 2nd system).

I am running merdin's newest 6.5 on the 3rd system & that is pretty nice also.

I also use TouchPal & I hated the new 4.0 & reverted to 3.5. I actually get the fastest most consistent TouchPal response from the merdin setup (I can type insanely fast using T+ & never get even the slightest lag or hesitation from TP in the merdin ROM system)

~John
Old 05-23-2009, 11:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

viwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuff

I tried all those roms mentioned and still reverted back to 4.16. Merdins 6.5 worked ok, but was laggy @ times, I've had no problems with 4.16 rom , whatsoever, really! Did you use the official release vs of touchpal 4.0 or the released beta 4.0 vs? I don't know why it was released as 4.0 in beta form, however, The official 4.0 have been released & is nice & smooth.

Last edited by viwizard; 05-24-2009 at 03:26 AM.
Old 05-24-2009, 12:01 AM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

4.16 and 4R3BORN are pretty much identical other than R3BORN is much more updated. Id switch if I was you

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-24-2009, 03:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

From what i've read in reborn thread there's lots of issues unfounded in 4.16. Updated does'nt mean better by any means!
Old 05-24-2009, 09:29 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Moved to Main TP Forum
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:18 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: X51v

Technology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the community
Talking Re: Mighty 4.16

Quote:
Originally Posted by viwizard View Post
I tried all those roms mentioned and still reverted back to 4.16. Merdins 6.5 worked ok, but was laggy @ times, I've had no problems with 4.16 rom , whatsoever, really! Did you use the official release vs of touchpal 4.0 or the released beta 4.0 vs? I don't know why it was released as 4.0 in beta form, however, The official 4.0 have been released & is nice & smooth.
See, you know your stuff, in other words, you know what you are doing... I like how you roll with your army of TP'S... I know you got the TP2 already in sight, a new general for your army...{LOL}
Old 05-24-2009, 10:22 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: X51v

Technology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the community
Talking Re: Mighty 4.16

Quote:
Originally Posted by viwizard View Post
From what i've read in reborn thread there's lots of issues unfounded in 4.16. Updated does'nt mean better by any means!
You said it all dude, and a lot of people evidently does not know that a upgrade does not mean better, well said guy....{lol}
Old 05-29-2009, 04:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74

I have heard 4R3born is the MOST stable ROM yet! I am currently running Mighty ROM 5, (for the past 1 1/2 days) and like it, but it is a little laggy at times, so I am going to try 4R3born for awhile, then maybe I'll try this 4.16. I have also in that time tried Silence, Juicy 7, and Energy, but like MR5 the best. I work fast guys! I am new to this forum needless to say flashing new roms etc.. I have learned all this in about 2 days, so I am searching for 4.16, however if you have a BIG heart and would like to simply send me to the thread, God Bless you man! peace-br

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro