PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2009, 05:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

zepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wink Use a strap, keeps phone safer!

I have a strap on my Touch Pro. I had a stroke at 24, I'm 29 now. It affected holding objects in my left hand. So I made a strap and attached through the small hole in the bottom of the battery cover and over the part that holds the strap. Now I can use the camera better and not drop the phone anymore.
I suggest everyone to have a strap on there phone while out and about, like at the beach or someplace where you might drop it in water or off a mountain ridge. You can buy straps at Kmart, Walmart or just Google phone strap or teather strap or make one yourself. I used nylon, a metal button, and 10 test fishing line for the thread. They are cheap at about $5-10 for two premade or about .50 cents made at home. If you use it with a good cover on the phone it could save from having to do a claim or cracking the chrome. I wrote this thread for folks like myself, who have a disability and for everyone else because $5-10 could save you $100-600!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAGE_044.jpg (351.2 KB, 364 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMAGE_045.jpg (401.9 KB, 256 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMAGE_046.jpg (379.0 KB, 244 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by zepsamsung; 05-20-2009 at 05:47 PM.
This post has been thanked 14 times.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:26 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Use a strap, keeps phone safer!

i know id rather spend ten bucks as opposed to one hundered. Thanks for the info, can you post some pics of what you made?

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 05-20-2009, 05:27 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

+1 for some pics
Old 05-20-2009, 05:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

zepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Won't let me add a picture, says enter url, the pics are on my desktop.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:44 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

click edit, then go advanced, then manage attachments and upload it there

Old 05-20-2009, 05:44 PM

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

press go advanced next to post reply, then manage attachments, that will let you upload certain files based on extension and file size.

Edit Hibby got it first.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:45 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

beat ya
Old 05-20-2009, 05:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Agreed!

I have a strap in mine from an old digi-cam and it works wonders. I drop my phone too often without it lol.

Was the main reason my wife urged me to buy that super case from Sprint.
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail
Old 05-20-2009, 05:46 PM

i blame it on my mouse!!!!
Old 05-20-2009, 05:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I posted the pics
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro