PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   keyboard reverting to compact QWERTY (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69494)

bartalane 05-23-2009 09:24 AM

keyboard reverting to compact QWERTY

I like to keep my on screen keyboard set to either Full QWERTY or a third party Zoom Board. When I slide open the hardware keyboard and then shut it, or even put the phone into Landscape mode the keyboard immediately reverts to the Compact QWERTY board on screen (In portrait) So I'm constantly resetting it to the full QWERTY.

Is there a way to get this phone to set on the screen keyboard I want without it constantly being reset to the compact QWERTY?

Thank you.

BRIVERS73 05-23-2009 10:56 AM

Re: keyboard reverting to compact QWERTY

you can try Sip Change

jmorton10 05-23-2009 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by journeyman73 (Post 930745)
you can try Sip Change

& set the delay to 40 seconds

~John

bartalane 05-23-2009 03:45 PM

Thank you for the pointer. I did download it and followed the directions. It appears this program is designed to select a particular program after a soft reset, which is nice. However, it has no effect on my issue of the SIP changing to compact QWERTY have the hardware keyboard is slid open and then closed. Once back in portrait mode, after using the hardware keyboard, my TP is still reverting to Compact QWERTY and not the one I want to use. I still have to manually select the SIP after using my hardware keyboard every time.

BRIVERS73 05-23-2009 04:51 PM

Really!? That's weird...I gave u the link to that app because I thought it help keep the keyboard your currently using from switching to another....

supanatuwral 05-24-2009 06:54 PM

anyone else have a solution?
I'm havinv the same problem with
Fingerboard2(wich is a great 3rd party
keyboard)!

jit 05-25-2009 05:19 AM

Mine was doing this too (with FingerKeyboard) but it stopped when I updated to the newest MightyRom...if that helps.

EDIT: Nm, it messed up after I updated the PRL...maybe that has to do something with it?

resnor 05-25-2009 04:51 PM

I have Fingerkeyboard, and it was working fine, with Fingerkeyboard coming up as my default, for several weeks. However, I'm now having the same issue. I have to always switch to Fingerkeyboard manually when I go to txt, or do other things that use the onscreen keyboard. Really annoying.

lxChicoxl 05-25-2009 04:57 PM

wow so it seems like I am not the only one having this annoying keyboard issue on touch pro!

jit 05-28-2009 06:47 PM

What rom are you guys using? I'm on MR5...would that have anything to do with it?