PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2009, 01:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: At&t

dbord_n is keeping up the good workdbord_n is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
extract a rom from phone.

how do i go about or can i even do this. i have a rom set up the way i want it, is there anyway to just make a copy of the rom from my phone and use it to reflash if i want. i am not looking to use this as a back up for contacts and such,just to keep reg edits have done and stuff like that. any help with this would rock!

Old 05-23-2009, 02:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

lilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to lilbitz_1018
Re: extract a rom from phone.

did you build the ROM yourself? if so then you'd have everything in your kitchen. if not then just keep a copy of the rom that you downloaded in the 1st place. Is that what you want to do?
Old 05-23-2009, 02:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbord_n View Post
how do i go about or can i even do this. i have a rom set up the way i want it, is there anyway to just make a copy of the rom from my phone and use it to reflash if i want. i am not looking to use this as a back up for contacts and such,just to keep reg edits have done and stuff like that. any help with this would rock!
1) SPB Backup or Sprite backup can make a full system backup that can restore all programs and settings but may not be portable between different roms

2) For an experienced user I highly recommend rapiconfig + sdconfig for full registry backup and restoration. This will work on ANY rom and can do a COMPLETE restore of all programs and personal settings and customizations. Look on this board for countless posts and threads about how to make it work.

3) Try asking this question in a different forum on this site, this forum is specifically for chefs to post new roms, kitchens, or radios.

Like my work? Hit

Last edited by psyki; 05-23-2009 at 03:38 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro,Mogul,Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

junior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to junior1234

search on xda someone made a program that sits on a storage card and will dump rom automatically,sktools cam create self extracting backup also
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro