PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2009, 08:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

kcallis is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro woes...

I bought a phone that was flashed with ToO ROM. The phone seemed to work perfectly, but a day or so later, the screen would just go completely black, and it would take several soft reboots, before I could even see the screen light up.

Thinking it was a firmware issue, I flashed over to Mighty ROM 4, but I would still get the occasional blackouts. One day, I decided to change to change the power setting for battery so that it would not go to standby mode. Surprisingly, it worked... The TP would run just fine, except the battery life would burn up real quickly (about a hour or so), so I am not able to just freely carry the phone around... Needing to always have the phone plugged into the lighter or on the wall charger.

Has anyone run into such an issue? Changing ROMs does not make any difference... Although I am currently running Mighty ROM 4, I have also tried Mighty ROM 5 as well as Juicy, and the same results. Also note, that when the screen blackouts out, the phone still rings, sound effects (like sliding the keyboard open or closed) works, etc.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!
Old 05-05-2009, 08:43 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Touch Pro woes...

did u hard re-set it after u flashed???

Dank-Ass Robba

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:52 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcallis View Post
I bought a phone that was flashed with ToO ROM. The phone seemed to work perfectly, but a day or so later, the screen would just go completely black, and it would take several soft reboots, before I could even see the screen light up.

Thinking it was a firmware issue, I flashed over to Mighty ROM 4, but I would still get the occasional blackouts. One day, I decided to change to change the power setting for battery so that it would not go to standby mode. Surprisingly, it worked... The TP would run just fine, except the battery life would burn up real quickly (about a hour or so), so I am not able to just freely carry the phone around... Needing to always have the phone plugged into the lighter or on the wall charger.

Has anyone run into such an issue? Changing ROMs does not make any difference... Although I am currently running Mighty ROM 4, I have also tried Mighty ROM 5 as well as Juicy, and the same results. Also note, that when the screen blackouts out, the phone still rings, sound effects (like sliding the keyboard open or closed) works, etc.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!
Since it is with every rom you have I am going to guess it is hardware related. Flash to stock rom and re-lock. Then call asurion and tell them your problem.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by havox22 View Post
did u hard re-set it after u flashed???
I did and do so after every install of a new ROM...
Old 05-05-2009, 09:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
Since it is with every rom you have I am going to guess it is hardware related. Flash to stock rom and re-lock. Then call asurion and tell them your problem.
Considering that this a third party purchase, I am not covered by Asurion through Sprint or the likes... So I need to look for another solution!
Old 05-05-2009, 09:37 AM
White Monster > Red Bull

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Considering that this a third party purchase, I am not covered by Asurion through Sprint or the likes... So I need to look for another solution!
Yes you are. If you have insurance and you have activated your phone you are covered. I bought my Treo 700wx and my Touch from Ebay and both of them went in on insurance fixes. Whatever you have activated is what the insurance covers.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I am thinking that it might be a bootloader or radio issue... This was originally a Sprint handset, that I have since flashed over to Cricket. I am just wondering if I needed to change either the bootloader or the Radio firmware before flashing to another ROM?
Old 05-05-2009, 09:42 AM
White Monster > Red Bull

Quote:
I am thinking that it might be a bootloader or radio issue... This was originally a Sprint handset, that I have since flashed over to Cricket. I am just wondering if I needed to change either the bootloader or the Radio firmware before flashing to another ROM?
Oh, I thought you were on sprint. My bad bro. Might want to see if you can ask No2Chem on his blog.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
Yes you are. If you have insurance and you have activated your phone you are covered. I bought my Treo 700wx and my Touch from Ebay and both of them went in on insurance fixes. Whatever you have activated is what the insurance covers.
Issue is that I bought the phone to use on Cricket. Cricket will not provide insurance on any phone that is not one of the phones that they sell.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Where is that blog located... I know it is something that is a lame fix, I am just not sure what it might be. Like I said previously, the TP is good to go is I don't have it go into standby.... At the cost of rapid depletion of power while running on battery!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro