PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Screen Protector Question (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69453)

BikerSk8rKid 05-22-2009 06:01 PM

Screen Protector Question

So I finally got a replacemeant HTC Touch Pro (Brand New), after almost two months of constant calling them and yelling at them. They wouldn't let me get one because there hasn't been a new one for replacemeant yet. But this one head tech went ahead and did it for me. Just picked it up. My old one was very very defective and no one would listen. Until the head tech tried messing with it and all it did was piss him off (he has one to).

I want to get some Screen Protector for my phone, I did buy the full Invisable Sheild crap, but I heard something bad about it and I can't remember exactly. I think it had to do with color changing or something.

Thanks!

BRIVERS73 05-22-2009 06:05 PM

Re: Screen Protector Question

You mean orange peeling...I think.... this is what I use... Boxwave Screen Protector

If u want something to cover the entire device Ghost Armour works well

BikerSk8rKid 05-22-2009 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by journeyman73 (Post 929988)
You mean orange peeling...I think.... this is what I use... Boxwave Screen Protector

If u want something to cover the entire device Ghost Armour works well

I forgot I made this thread. LoL

What does Orange Peeling mean? I want something that wont screw up my phone. Just the face will be fine, the back is, well can be replaced.

Anymore?

BRIVERS73 05-22-2009 10:27 PM

Orange peeling is when the surface of your phone appear to have the bumpy surface of an orange.

BikerSk8rKid 05-22-2009 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by journeyman73 (Post 930239)
Orange peeling is when the surface of your phone appear to have the bumpy surface of an orange.

So it only happens if you put it on badly? Sorry I'm done at this and not fully understanding. I don't want to put it on if it's going to make my phone look like ****.

1999TL 05-22-2009 10:45 PM

It's there b/c the material has it. Orange peel is also used for paint surfaces. You have orange peel from the factory. some people buff the car so that it becomes slicker and shinier by getting rid of some of the orange peel.

I'm tired of ghost armor(same thing as Zagg basically). The damn thing attracts to much dirt around the corners. I will be on my 3rd one. I'm going to try out that box wave.

BRIVERS73 05-22-2009 10:46 PM

You actually don't have anything to worry about if your just covering your screen...Orange peeling usually occurs on the housing on the phone and no matter how u put it on it may or may not appear

BRIVERS73 05-22-2009 10:48 PM

Boxwave IMO is definitely the way to go.. I use the crystal version and love it.

BikerSk8rKid 05-22-2009 11:04 PM

So you keep taking them off each time?

If I took it off does the Orange Peel go away?

What do you like about Boxwave so far?

Giovanny 05-22-2009 11:06 PM

you should check out bogyguardz.com this protector will cover front and back is what I'm curretly using I have droped my phone on concrete and not a single scratch on the screen or backside.