PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 11:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

zim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Another hard reset thread...***VERIZON***

I have read every thread, post, web page I could find on hard resetting our Touch Pro's. I'm writing this in hopes this will help someone else. This is what I found to work for MY Touch Pro. I have done this several times now and it is consistent.

In all cases, I first powered the phone OFF and then completed these steps at first boot.

How to get to the screen to restore to hardware defaults:
1) Press and hold D-Pad, and then press and hold Reset.
2) Once the screen comes up, press Volume Up to restore factory defaults.

How to get to the screen to restore image from SD card:
1) Press and hold Power and Volume Down, and then press Reset.
2) Once the screen comes up, press Power to load RAPHIMG.nbh from root of SD card.

How to get to the multi-colored bootloader(?) screen:
1) Press and hold Volume Up and Power, then depress Reset.

Please leave feedback if this worked for you.

Last edited by zim2323; 04-06-2009 at 01:58 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:32 AM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Another hard reset thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zim2323 View Post
I have read every thread, post, web page I could find on hard resetting our Touch Pro's. I'm writing this in hopes this will help someone else. This is what I found to work for MY Touch Pro. I have done this several times now and it is consistent.

In all cases, I first powered the phone OFF and then completed these steps at first boot.

How to get to the screen to restore image from SD card:
1) Press and hold Power and Volume Down, and then press Reset.
2) Once the screen comes up, press Power to load RAPHIMG.nbh from root of SD card.

How to get to the multi-colored bootloader(?) screen:
1) Press and hold Volume Up and Power, then depress Reset.

Please leave feedback if this worked for you.
On the first one, holding just the d-pad doesn't do anything. And on the third, I've never had to hold volume up for anything, in fact, it doesn't do anything in my trial.

There's only two screens you can access by holding buttons at startup. Both can only be accessed while the phone is booting... (this means, either start with the phone OFF, or hold the proper buttons and press reset)

BOOTLOADER (tri-color screen, go here for flashing from SD too)
Power button + volume down

Hold till tri-color screen comes up. If the Touch Pro logo comes up instead, pull the battery and try it again.

HARD RESET:
Power button + volume down + center of d-pad

Hold till grey screen comes up. If the Touch Pro logo comes up instead, pull the battery and try it again.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Sprint->Verizon
Carrier: Verizon

sudermatt is keeping up the good worksudermatt is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by zim2323 View Post

You forgot a couple things...I've been where you are...most references out there miss one key thing.

I out line it here:
http://sp.texultant.com/Mobility/Lis...FAllItems.aspx

But...the short answer is:

To perform a hard reset you need some very nimble fingers and some luck...

1. Power should be off (may not be required).
2. Hold ALL these down at once
a. Volume Down
b. Enter Key (center d-pad).
c. Power Button.
3. Press the reset button (bottom of device).

You'll get a message giving you the option.
Volume Down - Hard Reset
Volume Up - Cancel
Old 04-06-2009, 12:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: verizon

schollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularschollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularschollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularschollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

umm... for verizon phones it seems to be hard reset is accomplihed by holding D-Pad and reset. that is how I do it all the time, nad htat is how every other Verizon user I talk with does it.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work

I'm not sure why people are having trouble with this. When I got my TP, I hard reset it following the instructions in the manual. Worked fine, the first time, and I didn't find it challenging.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevm14 View Post
I'm not sure why people are having trouble with this. When I got my TP, I hard reset it following the instructions in the manual. Worked fine, the first time, and I didn't find it challenging.
Every phone is different, I have three TP's & one of them is damn near impossible to hard reset for some reason.

You can do the three button combination twenty five times in a row & have it fail every single time & then work fine on the 26th try.

One of the other two is easy to reset.

~John
Old 04-06-2009, 12:43 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

for sure the contortionist moves i have to make just to do a hard reset are ridiculous, not to mention like jmorton said sometimes iwill get it on the 2nd try other times itll be the 20th, quite irritating
Old 04-06-2009, 01:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

zim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by schollianmj View Post
umm... for verizon phones it seems to be hard reset is accomplihed by holding D-Pad and reset. that is how I do it all the time, nad htat is how every other Verizon user I talk with does it.

EXACTLY!!! That is what I have listed. Keep in mind though that a "hard reset" as you mention is just a reset to factory defaults, while the Power+VolDown+reset is what gets me into the tri-color screen and allows the flash from SD.

I know FOR A FACT that power+voldown+dpad+reset DOES NOT WORK on my Verizon TP. If I include all those keys, then it just reboots normally (vibrate and then into OS).

Everyone has tried to sound educated on this, but frankly, I think carrier as well as possible revision changes make this potentially different for everyone.

Just my opinion.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevm14 View Post
Easy answer for someone that got it to work. Fact is, the same reset sequence doesn't work for everyone.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Every phone is different, I have three TP's & one of them is damn near impossible to hard reset for some reason.

You can do the three button combination twenty five times in a row & have it fail every single time & then work fine on the 26th try.

One of the other two is easy to reset.

~John
I found this to be true as well, until I realized that I was just missing one of thte key presses and THOUGHT I was still holding down all the keys. That magical time it worked just happened to be the less-complex key sequence I should have been doing in the first place.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro