PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   BuildOS build error (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69445)

ElAguila 05-22-2009 04:40 PM

BuildOS build error

I am building a rom based on wm6.5. It goes for a time and then I get an error saying:

Error building default.hv and user.hv!

Any ideas what I am doing here that I can correct this?

rstoyguy 05-22-2009 04:45 PM

Re: BuildOS build error

There is a problem with one of your RGU registry files. Depending on the kitchen, check out ..\temp\log.txt to see which one it is and approx which line number it is...

Edit: The following tutorial will give you some general formatting tips:
Tutorial: Adding Registry Entries to your Rom (RGU Method)

ElAguila 05-22-2009 04:54 PM

So it has to be something that I selected in the kitchen. I tried it with just a blank template and it was fine. I will see what I can find.

Jmz 05-22-2009 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstoyguy (Post 929887)
There is a problem with one of your RGU registry files. Depending on the kitchen, check out ..\temp\log.txt to see which one it is and approx which line number it is...

Edit: The following tutorial will give you some general formatting tips:
Tutorial: Adding Registry Entries to your Rom (RGU Method)

+1 rstoyguy def has some good tutorials for you to read through.

ElAguila 05-22-2009 05:37 PM

The problem has to be something corrupted in the ppc kitchen. I did not add any oem's so I was only using the entries in the kitchen. When it worked using a blank template, I decided to install the kitchen again and I will how that goes. But that is a good tutorial as there are some reg entries that I change after installation that would be so much easier if they were automated.

Jmz 05-22-2009 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElAguila (Post 929951)
The problem has to be something corrupted in the ppc kitchen. I did not add any oem's so I was only using the entries in the kitchen. When it worked using a blank template, I decided to install the kitchen again and I will how that goes. But that is a good tutorial as there are some reg entries that I change after installation that would be so much easier if they were automated.

So you are using PPCKitchen?

ElAguila 05-22-2009 07:00 PM

Yes. I found the offending item. I am using the latest herman kitchen for vga. It is based on WM 6.5. Under the General Utilities if I select the item Enlarge TitleBar I get the error. So I just deselected it and all is well. Something else I noticed is that eventhough I had selected to include the ClearStorage item in the ppc kitchen, it didn't not put it into the build.