PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2009, 12:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jringo718 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Kinda silly and probably doesn't belong here, but need help with Sprint SMS delays?

Ok, so this girl sent me like 5 texts since the early morning, and I haven't gotten any of them, and she doesnt believe me because I've kinda lied to her before about not getting them, but this time its real(sounds like the boy who screamed wolf, i know). She just told me that in order for me to be able to see her tomorrow, I have to tell her what exactly at least one of the texts said.

Now I know Sprint is garbage with text messages and I have just tried the telus radio and sprint leaked (11F) radios and I just won't get those texts.

My question is, will I ever get these texts? I don't care about the delay right now, I just need to know, do people with delays EVER actually get the text message or are they lost forever? She stressed that if I can't tell her, im out of luck with any you know what with her...

Is there anything I can do to push these texts? or view them somewhere else or ANYTHING... sorry if i sound desperate... BTW I am in Long Island right now and I actually drove over to Queens New York to see if it would make a difference...
Old 05-22-2009, 12:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP
Re: Kinda silly and probably doesn't belong here, but need help with Sprint SMS delay

I have seen up to a day of delay when it is really bad.....but I did get them.

The thing you need to remember....if they are on another carrier it could be on their end.

Try texting yourself and see if you get a delay, this might also push the text on the server.
Don't just say "Thanks"....give
Old 05-22-2009, 12:31 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Kinda silly and probably doesn't belong here, but need help with Sprint SMS delay

sounds like shes in 8th grade with the games, the boy cryed wolf also. lol cant you just say ill meet you at noon friday or something? call each other maybe? oops, no answer for the problem though.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:47 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

She is on ATT... I also have an iphone(ATT) which I sent myself a text and it went through but it took about 2 hours for it to come through, same with a few friends on tmobile, 1-2 hours and im still missing the sprint text i sent to myself.

Hers has not come yet. I do have to agree, her behavior is very 8th grade, and she is 23....

BUT the cry wolf thing... come on dont tell me people havent lied to a girl(guy for the women here) when you're not in the mood to talk...
Old 05-22-2009, 12:51 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i was giving proper term, cry not scream. and yes, i lie all the time to gals.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:08 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
i was giving proper term, cry not scream. and yes, i lie all the time to gals.

Lol, yeah my bad, screamed doesn't even really make sense in that context.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

impulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

sometimes a phone call or two will push the texts through
Old 05-22-2009, 08:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch PRO

Yankees368 is becoming a great contributor

If you really did drive from Nassau to Queens, that should have done the trick. Nassau and Queens are on a NID boundary, Nassau is 3, Queens is 7. This requires your phone to re-register on the network, and SHOULD have purged any messages through. However, this has the same effect as making a phone call.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:16 AM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Isn't this all kind of 8th grade ish. LOL
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 05-22-2009, 11:29 AM
aliens50

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
Isn't this all kind of 8th grade ish. LOL
Isn't this all part of the game we get sucked into with coeds we like? This sounds like the stuff my ex-wife and I would pull back in college to get the upper-hand. I never won...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro