PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Kinda silly and probably doesn't belong here, but need help with Sprint SMS delays? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69397)

jringo718 05-22-2009 12:23 AM

Kinda silly and probably doesn't belong here, but need help with Sprint SMS delays?

Ok, so this girl sent me like 5 texts since the early morning, and I haven't gotten any of them, and she doesnt believe me because I've kinda lied to her before about not getting them, but this time its real(sounds like the boy who screamed wolf, i know). She just told me that in order for me to be able to see her tomorrow, I have to tell her what exactly at least one of the texts said.

Now I know Sprint is garbage with text messages and I have just tried the telus radio and sprint leaked (11F) radios and I just won't get those texts.

My question is, will I ever get these texts? I don't care about the delay right now, I just need to know, do people with delays EVER actually get the text message or are they lost forever? She stressed that if I can't tell her, im out of luck with any you know what with her...

Is there anything I can do to push these texts? or view them somewhere else or ANYTHING... sorry if i sound desperate... BTW I am in Long Island right now and I actually drove over to Queens New York to see if it would make a difference...

Unknown Zone 05-22-2009 12:29 AM

Re: Kinda silly and probably doesn't belong here, but need help with Sprint SMS delay

I have seen up to a day of delay when it is really bad.....but I did get them.

The thing you need to remember....if they are on another carrier it could be on their end.

Try texting yourself and see if you get a delay, this might also push the text on the server.

darren.wlsn1 05-22-2009 12:31 AM

Re: Kinda silly and probably doesn't belong here, but need help with Sprint SMS delay

sounds like shes in 8th grade with the games, the boy cryed wolf also. lol cant you just say ill meet you at noon friday or something? call each other maybe? oops, no answer for the problem though.

jringo718 05-22-2009 12:47 AM

She is on ATT... I also have an iphone(ATT) which I sent myself a text and it went through but it took about 2 hours for it to come through, same with a few friends on tmobile, 1-2 hours and im still missing the sprint text i sent to myself.

Hers has not come yet. I do have to agree, her behavior is very 8th grade, and she is 23....

BUT the cry wolf thing... come on dont tell me people havent lied to a girl(guy for the women here) when you're not in the mood to talk...

darren.wlsn1 05-22-2009 12:51 AM

i was giving proper term, cry not scream. and yes, i lie all the time to gals.

jringo718 05-22-2009 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 928926)
i was giving proper term, cry not scream. and yes, i lie all the time to gals.

Lol, yeah my bad, screamed doesn't even really make sense in that context.

impulse 05-22-2009 06:35 AM

sometimes a phone call or two will push the texts through

Yankees368 05-22-2009 08:32 AM

If you really did drive from Nassau to Queens, that should have done the trick. Nassau and Queens are on a NID boundary, Nassau is 3, Queens is 7. This requires your phone to re-register on the network, and SHOULD have purged any messages through. However, this has the same effect as making a phone call.

NinjaMom 05-22-2009 11:16 AM

Isn't this all kind of 8th grade ish. LOL

aliens50 05-22-2009 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaMom (Post 929357)
Isn't this all kind of 8th grade ish. LOL

Isn't this all part of the game we get sucked into with coeds we like? This sounds like the stuff my ex-wife and I would pull back in college to get the upper-hand. I never won...