PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2009, 12:21 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Kinda silly and probably doesn't belong here, but need help with Sprint SMS delay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jringo718 View Post
She is on ATT... I also have an iphone(ATT) which I sent myself a text and it went through but it took about 2 hours for it to come through, same with a few friends on tmobile, 1-2 hours and im still missing the sprint text i sent to myself.

Hers has not come yet. I do have to agree, her behavior is very 8th grade, and she is 23....

BUT the cry wolf thing... come on dont tell me people havent lied to a girl(guy for the women here) when you're not in the mood to talk...
I've had this problem ever since I got this phone. I had a Helio before and never had these problems, even though it uses Sprint's network. I figured the text message problems were a thing of the past.

In the last week or two I have been missing a lot of text messages too. They just never show up. My friends show me their text logs, I compare with mine and a good portion of the ones they send just never make it to my phone. I'm talking days later, here. What sucks is I was having another problem related to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by impulse View Post
sometimes a phone call or two will push the texts through
In my apartment I had decent service, but texts would come to me late, and calls wouldn't make it to me at the same time. The best solution I had for it was to call my voicemail every 20 minutes or so, to check for voicemails (because voicemail notifications weren't getting pushed to me either), have all texts pushed through (happened at 16-18 seconds in the call to voicemail), and to reconnect the phone to the network so it would work for the next couple of minutes.

My call log was about 80% 1 minute voicemail calls with a LOT of calls I never answered... funny that I never answered them because my phone never rang in the first place.

I used that reason to get Sprint to send me an Airave. It's worked great, no more issues while I'm home. Unfortunately, now, I'm missing a good number of texts alltogether. I sent myself a few from the web and they just never showed up. Friends would text me and I'd never get it - they were just gone forever.

I had a program called PhoneLog on my phone about when this started happening. It worked fine for a few days then I was just missing a ton of texts. I removed it before calling Sprint support (expecting them to tell me to hard reset) and I don't believe I have missed many texts since then. The incidence has gone way down. 90% make it to me now, vs 20-30% before.

So if you downloaded phonelog, remove it. Also try complaining to get yourself an Airave.

Edit: Also, force your phone into roaming mode. When you're roaming on VZW/Alltel towers, texts will come instantly like they are supposed to in the first place.

Last edited by ShadowDrake; 05-22-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:30 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Kinda silly and probably doesn't belong here, but need help with Sprint SMS delay

Very disappointing that a phone company can't reliably send 128bytes of data, yes still charges you 20 cents for each if you don't have a text plan
Old 05-22-2009, 12:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO LTE
Carrier: Sprint

Dexi is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Dexi

I think one thing we have to remember here is that SMS was DESIGNED to have a delay. The system is supposed to create a queued message delivery so that it can ease up on bandwidth during peak hours... Now I'm not saying you shouldn't complain, because it seems like you are getting the short end of the stick here, but it's still part of the system.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: null
Carrier: null

wildrage is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to wildrage Send a message via AIM to wildrage

I just cancelled my service with Sprint and went to Verizon because of this very problem. About 1/3 of the texts I was getting were severely delayed - between 1 and 3 hours. Last week the delay kept me from ummm...having relations with a girl that I've been talking to for a while, so I flipped out, cancelled Sprint, and had an Omnia in the mail from Verizon the next morning. I know this may seem a bit rash, but the last thing that I need is to be c***blocked by my phone
Old 05-24-2009, 04:07 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildrage View Post
I just cancelled my service with Sprint and went to Verizon because of this very problem. About 1/3 of the texts I was getting were severely delayed - between 1 and 3 hours. Last week the delay kept me from ummm...having relations with a girl that I've been talking to for a while, so I flipped out, cancelled Sprint, and had an Omnia in the mail from Verizon the next morning. I know this may seem a bit rash, but the last thing that I need is to be c***blocked by my phone
Unfortunately I feel you here as my phone has done this to me before. I get the feeling the girl doesn't get in touch with me as much because of this. She knows now just to call me and leave a voicemail whenever. Since I've got my Airave I don't have the delayed texts problem so much any more, so anything is good. At least she learned
Old 05-24-2009, 04:14 PM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i have received mess after a soft reset or hard rest may help may not but if your willing to post this then your will to try anything

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro