PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2009, 11:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TWiST is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bruise like mark on LCD screen, just appeared out of nowhere

So I go to my memory screen and all of a sudden out of the blue I notice this like bruise like dark spot on my screen in the white area, I just got this phone, but I bought it off ebay and It was not there just a few hours ago. I am furious about this it just happened out of nowhere I didn't drop the phone I didn't knock it or anything I don't know what to do if I can send it on for warranty with HTC or if I have to get total protection with sprint and then send it in and how much is that going to be 50 or 100 dollar deductible ?

Any advice would be great, I seemed to have made it a bit smaller by rubbing hard on the screen but I cant get it to go away.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose
Re: Bruise like mark on LCD screen, just appeared out of nowhere

well ebay is always a gamble..did u make sure there wasnt a screen protector on it and the bruise looking mark is some thing on/under the protector? just saying i've gone threw a cpl of screen protectors thinking aww damn my phone has a screen problem only to remove the protector and seeing it was a prolem with it not the screen itself.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I dont even have a screen protector so its not that and when I flip it longways I can still see it im so upset. and when I got it there was nothing wrong at all and I have had it for a week.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

stormseek is becoming a great contributor

Don't get bashed by some kids if this wasn't posted in the right section
Old 05-21-2009, 11:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I was just thinking after doing some googling I should of posted this in the main Touch Pro Section. My bad I am just used to hanging out in here not in the main forum.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose

well I use metro pcs so I have no idea how warranty works lol.. but if I were you I'd get a warranty deal with the bruise for a cpl of days afterwords..then try and get a replacement.. if possible. Oh and complain to the guy on ebay if you havent left him/her positive feedback yet.. maybe they can replace it for you...I'm just very very very thankful as a metropcs guy with a touchpro I havent had any issues since warranty doesnt cover me that would sooooo suck after paying $300 for the phone $45 for the flash.. paying a friend to unlock and hook it up and teach me how to flash roms and metro pcs's settings.. if my phone goes bad I'm out a gold bar and would have to go back to some cheap cheap metro phone since I got laid off lol
Old 05-22-2009, 12:17 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

This is a common problem i had this on my touch pro too about a month after i got it. Is it kind of a rainbow looking blotch on the screen in the center?
Im pretty sure this is a problem with the adhesive on the screen and who ever you take it to should replace it no problem. This is a common problem.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Sorry to hear that bro, hope it works good for ya. Yah I have not left the guy feedback yet I was complaining about a tiny tiny scratch and it was missing some stuff from the box he said I could send it back but I just want a working phone ugh. I dunno what to do if someone can chime in and let me know if I can just bring it to sprint for a replacement I am gonna keep it but I hate dealing with returns with ebay. I am sooo disappointed man
Old 05-22-2009, 01:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

It's actualley not rainbow its a dark spot I can see it most clearly on a white background it was not even there earlier today it just came outghta nowhere for no reason I wasnt charging it wasnt using it nothing. Do you think sprint will take care of it if I go to a store ? or do I need the TEP for that ? or am I screwed cause I got it on ebay ? I mean I wont tell them that obviously but I just dont know what to do now.

I am going to flash everything back to stock tonight and relock it and try to go to the sprint store tomorrow.

Old 05-22-2009, 12:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

So I got my phone all back to stock and I ran the relocker program on it so I think I am all back to normal. I am going to try to go to a sprint store today does anyone have any additional suggestions before I take the plunge today ?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro