PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2009, 04:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon

GuItArMaN is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Sprint HTC touch pro on verizon's network...with one catch....

I know about the lame BS that version recently pulled, preventing a flashed Sprint HTC touch pro from being used on the Verizon Network. However, if I currently own a smartphone already (Samsung i760) is it possible to get it's ID and set it as the new Sprint HTC's ID (somewhere in the phone's ROM or something before it's flashed over) ? Obviously I have no experience with flashing a phone or anything, but I am a pretty nerdy/technical person, so I figured with the right guide, I can do it, if it is at all, possible. I'm on my dad's family share plan, and I don't want to pay more, to go solo with sprint, just for a good phone. Also, I do enjoy verizon's coverage, I just am sick of the "phone crippling" that they, oh so much, love to do. Any help/advice/insight, would be much appreciated, thanks guys!
Old 05-21-2009, 04:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro

RonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Sprint HTC touch pro on verizon's network...with one catch....

From what understand, you want to clone the ESN/MEID, big no no in these forums! Not to mention highly illegal (no, its not a gray area). Verizon didn't pull any BS, they simply plugged a hole that allowed phones to operate without fully authenticating.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache->samsung saga->omnia->TOUCH PRO2!!!!!!!

DJx79x is keeping up the good workDJx79x is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonDutt View Post
From what understand, you want to clone the ESN/MEID, big no no in these forums! Not to mention highly illegal (no, its not a gray area). Verizon didn't pull any BS, they simply plugged a hole that allowed phones to operate without fully authenticating.
you said this like you were defending them but yet you took advantage of the loophole
Old 05-21-2009, 11:06 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

GuItArMaN is a n00b
Exclamation Re: Sprint HTC touch pro on verizon's network...with one catch....

Alright, well I didn't know that was illegal. I believe they did in fact pull BS, by not allowing people to use a phone they want on a network (Verizon), that THEY are PAYING to use. I'm sure Verizon just wants to force people to buy their stuff, and they cripple their phones in the long run to save some money, like they're not making enough as it is. Anyway, I'm not going to bash nor rave about Verizon.

So anyway, if I called them up, told them I had a phone I needed activated, and gave them the information needed to activate it, if I told them that "Well, since my contract is up shortly and you don't want to activate my phone for me, I'll just switch to another provide who will (after being with Verizon for many years)" do you think that could possibly convince them in any way?

That would be the ONLY way I could possibly get the sprint HTC touch pro to work on Verizon...correct?

I'm not cheap, I'm not a criminal, I just want a great smartphone, with the power and capabilities that HTC WANTED and MEANT for it to have, yet I want to use it on a network I feel has the best coverage and realiablity.

Thanks
Old 05-21-2009, 11:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro
Carrier: SPCS

grant516 is a n00b

I'm always mystified when I see these phone forums where people are scamming cellular providers by unlocking tethering abilities, returning poorly-flashed roms (bricked phones) to their providers, and counting down the days before they can "lose" their EOL'ed phone and recieve a newer model through insurance-

yet everyone barks up and down about cloning ESNs for a practical and non-malevolent use.

You certainly don't have to tell people how to do it, however for people in the strange boat that Verizon and Sprint customers have to deal with- if done right it is untraceable, and effective, and most importantly -possible-.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:25 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

GuItArMaN is a n00b

Or, is it possible to get the ESN number from the new phone, and activate it online? I know verizon has an online thing to change your phone, and you just need the ESN I think?
Old 05-21-2009, 11:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro

RonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrycka79 View Post
you said this like you were defending them but yet you took advantage of the loophole
How is using an Alltel Touch Pro on Verizon taking advantage of a loophole that closed 2 weeks after I got my Touch Pro? FYI, I went through the proper procedure to get my phone added to the Verizon DMD. I didn't lie, I didn't hack. I am not defending Verizon, I'm defending them making sure they continue to have a great network. The loophole that was closed allowed ILLEGAL usage of cloned phones and unauthorized phones. Verizon reps have explained the reason for plugging up the hole over at Howard Forums if you care to enlighten yourself.

OP, you can lie and get the MEID and ESN added (make sure to get both added). Don't give up if the first person you talk to doesn't know what your'e talking about, if you call call their technical support line and talk to someone in Blackberry and Smartphone Support division as they have more training in this sorta thing.

Last edited by RonDutt; 05-21-2009 at 11:33 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:45 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

GuItArMaN is a n00b

Alright thanks, so as in lie, would it be good to say something like "I have a brand new HTC touch pro that I ordered off of ebay and I need help activating it?" And make sure NOT to mention that it's a Sprint phone lol.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuItArMaN View Post
Alright thanks, so as in lie, would it be good to say something like "I have a brand new HTC touch pro that I ordered off of ebay and I need help activating it?" And make sure NOT to mention that it's a Sprint phone lol.
If you're gonna lie, tell them it's an Alltel phone.

~John
Old 05-22-2009, 12:33 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

GuItArMaN is a n00b

So just say I got a new Alltel one online? and need help activating it? I guess I'll see if I can have any luck doing the activation online, and if need be, i'll call them up. Why Alltel anyway, just curious?

Also, is it possible to use the current sprint ROM with Verizon or should I just flash over to the leaked Verizon one? If I could keep the Sprint one, I'd have the GPS unlocked and everything, but if I went with the Verizon one I'd lose the GPS right?

I'm about ready to buy the sprint one off of ebay as I speak, lol, so I'm anticipating informative replies before I do.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro