PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2009, 12:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

GuItArMaN is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint HTC touch pro on verizon's network...with one catch....

Then again...i don't know if I should wait for the supposed release of the touch pro 2 and omnia pro...this summer..will they be worth it?
Old 05-22-2009, 10:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuItArMaN View Post
Alright, well I didn't know that was illegal. I believe they did in fact pull BS, by not allowing people to use a phone they want on a network (Verizon), that THEY are PAYING to use. I'm sure Verizon just wants to force people to buy their stuff, and they cripple their phones in the long run to save some money, like they're not making enough as it is. Anyway, I'm not going to bash nor rave about Verizon.

So anyway, if I called them up, told them I had a phone I needed activated, and gave them the information needed to activate it, if I told them that "Well, since my contract is up shortly and you don't want to activate my phone for me, I'll just switch to another provide who will (after being with Verizon for many years)" do you think that could possibly convince them in any way?

That would be the ONLY way I could possibly get the sprint HTC touch pro to work on Verizon...correct?

I'm not cheap, I'm not a criminal, I just want a great smartphone, with the power and capabilities that HTC WANTED and MEANT for it to have, yet I want to use it on a network I feel has the best coverage and realiablity.

Thanks
Tell them it's an Alltel or US Cellular phone and try until you find someone who gets it added to the DMD
Old 05-22-2009, 10:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
So just say I got a new Alltel one online? and need help activating it? I guess I'll see if I can have any luck doing the activation online, and if need be, i'll call them up. Why Alltel anyway, just curious?

Also, is it possible to use the current sprint ROM with Verizon or should I just flash over to the leaked Verizon one? If I could keep the Sprint one, I'd have the GPS unlocked and everything, but if I went with the Verizon one I'd lose the GPS right?

I'm about ready to buy the sprint one off of ebay as I speak, lol, so I'm anticipating informative replies before I do.
You tell them its alltel because they are integrating with alltel and will activate alltel phones. Additionally, they just have a beef with Sprint phones for whatever reason.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:13 PM
aliens50

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Then again...i don't know if I should wait for the supposed release of the touch pro 2 and omnia pro...this summer..will they be worth it?
If you have the patience, wait until the TP2 releases to market even if you plan on purchasing the TP1.

I am guessing that the TP prices will drop once the TP2 is released because the demand for TP's will move towards the TP2. I'm sure there will be many wanting to upgrade to the TP2 (including myself) and selling their old TP on ebay.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:28 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

GuItArMaN is a n00b

Alright guys, thanks for all the insight. Yeah I'll just hang in there with my junky i760 for a while longer and see how these new smartphones are when they are officially released. I'm sick of this i760s reception most of all, i'm getting no signal or a bare minimum, in places where i got like 3 bars with my razr.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:11 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

If you are waiting for a TP2 on Verizon you probably will be waiting almost a year for release. Verizon is always like 6 months behind Sprint on releases
Old 05-22-2009, 04:23 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

GuItArMaN is a n00b

Damn...well..now that I think about it, that is true, good old verizon. How about the Omnia pro, boosting a keyboard and some nice specs from what I've seen so far, i'd definitely be interested in that if it's not too long of a wait.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro