PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2009, 03:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

LAYDO is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Display Problems

Okay, so just recently my Touch Pro has been acting up in that the display keeps switching between landscape and portrait all on its own. For instance, when it is not slid out (keyboard is hidden by screen) it is being shown in landscape mode. If I slide it out, it stays in the same mode.

I have gone into the screen settings and it is being shown that it is on landscape so I put it on portrait and the problem seems to be fixed. Wrong. Eventually, after about a min or so, it decides that it should switch back to landscape even if the screen is closed over the keyboard.

Occasionally, it decides to freak out to and flip between landscape and portrait modes, all on its own mind you, before eventually stopping and still residing on landscape mode.

I am currently running on the latest build from Juicy. The problem started happening randomly, a few days after I loaded Mighty's newest 6.5 ROM. I switched back to REBORN, problem persisted, and now im on Juicy's ROM and it is still happening.

Please let me know of anything that I can do to resolve this problem and thanks in advance
Old 05-21-2009, 03:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

RonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Display Problems

Try running the G-Sensor Calibration, if that doesn't do it your keyboard may be on the brink of failing. Push on the space bar fairly hard and see if it persists, if so, you may need to warranty it or pop it open and check the keyboard connectors.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:45 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

try flashing back to the stock rom and see if still there,
Old 05-21-2009, 03:50 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

LAYDO is a n00b

I think it might have something to do with the keyboard as you mentioned because lately I have been having some problems with it not recognizing me pressing the space bar when I text and I find that I have to press it harder for it to work. As for checking the connectors, do you have any advice on how to go about doing this?

I will also try flashing to the stock rom and see if there is any difference as well.

Thanks for the help so far and I will keep this updated.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

RonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Press hard on the spacebar, some people are saying that its enough to push the connectors back into place, at least for a short time. For a perm fix, you'd have to open the phone up (and expose its sexy innards), and either tape or glue down the connector so it doesn't move/dislodge again.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:28 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

LAYDO is a n00b

Pushing on the spacebar seems to have done the trick for now...dont really feel like opening the beast up and messing around with it unless it really starts to irritate me.

Thanks all for the help again!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro