PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2009, 01:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question IN CALL RECORDING, distorted other party

Ok, here is my problem. I have erratic behavior using the In Call Recording. Here is a zip file that contains an mp3 of an example of what I'm talking about. Sometimes during a call the other party starts out being recorded sounding very choppy, stuttering, or distorted, and then clears up, and may go back to sounding choppy, etc.. This is just a recording I edited of the voicemail woman If anyone has any ideas I would be greatly eager to try them out. I speculate that there is some process that is running with too low a priority at times? But then again, why does my voice ALWAYS sound clear? I've searched Google, this forum, and others and I've seen some folks using the GSM version claim this issue is resolved by upgrading to some latest rom, whatever version their carrier is. But alas, I'm CDMA, not GSM. So I don't think this is a hardware issue, maybe it is.. but it seems to me like it's something in the system. I've tried many different cooked, custom roms. Even some WM6.5 ones. Same issue. I've even tried a couple of different radios? I know this is a difficult question I'm asking and probably not very many people would even have any idea on how to solve this, but for those of you do, please let me know. I am open to trying almost anything. Thank you!

Peter
Attached Files
File Type: zip RecordedCallTest.zip (174.3 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-21-2009, 08:37 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community
Re: IN CALL RECORDING, distorted other party

You need to have speaker phone on to record the other side clearly.

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 05-22-2009, 12:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

LOL. Guess those who have this working know what I mean. This is recording internally, not via the external mic. I get this same result on speakerphone. Thanks though.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If you were to post what In Call Recorder u are using to record internally, i might have a look at what processes are being handled
Old 05-22-2009, 03:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 - Energy 6.5 ROM

Erythros is keeping up the good workErythros is keeping up the good work

I have had this problem and other numerous problems with ICR on previous ROM installations when I installed ICR after the ROM install.
I am currently running JMZs 1.8 ROM which came with ICR.

I had the issue this time where it would not record the other party until I installed the proper .dll into the windows directory.

I needed the file wavedev.dll to hear the other side clearly, and without using the speakerphone. This file overwrote a newer file of the same name, but it works.

ICR is now working perfectly for me.

According to JMZs update log he used In Call Recorder 1.0.1821.2426

Hopefully you can install this version and wavedev.dll and get it to work.
you can find wavedev.rar here in post 108 -->> http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=810980
Old 05-22-2009, 09:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro & Touch

delawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i've had this happen to me also, but rarely, not enough to force me th investigate, sorry. but i DO know what you are talking about.

on a side note, you got ICR working on 6.5? mind telling me how? i could only get it to work on 6.1. that is one of the main reasons i haven't upgraded yet.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erythros View Post
I have had this problem and other numerous problems with ICR on previous ROM installations when I installed ICR after the ROM install.
I am currently running JMZs 1.8 ROM which came with ICR.

I had the issue this time where it would not record the other party until I installed the proper .dll into the windows directory.

I needed the file wavedev.dll to hear the other side clearly, and without using the speakerphone. This file overwrote a newer file of the same name, but it works.

ICR is now working perfectly for me.

According to JMZs update log he used In Call Recorder 1.0.1821.2426

Hopefully you can install this version and wavedev.dll and get it to work.
you can find wavedev.rar here in post 108 -->> http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=810980

Weird, this is the same exact wavedev.dll file I was using, and I even tried this one, which is the same one. I still have the same issue... maybe it is my hardware!?!?
Old 05-27-2009, 07:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by delawaresace View Post
i've had this happen to me also, but rarely, not enough to force me th investigate, sorry. but i DO know what you are talking about.

on a side note, you got ICR working on 6.5? mind telling me how? i could only get it to work on 6.1. that is one of the main reasons i haven't upgraded yet.

I used that 2way recording cab that enables the RECORD button in the dialer, where you don't have to have ICR installed, but I did install ICR. I got it working but I had some skipping issues that I've read others have on 6.1. I really didn't know that it was difficult to get it working on 6.5 as I was desperately trying to find a rom where I wasn't having the problems I was having with the skipping, so when I still had issues, although I could use the internal recording method, I went back to good ole 6.1!

Still wish I could get this working though, correctly. I suspect I need a 'better' wavedev.dll file.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro & Touch

delawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by petermg View Post
Still wish I could get this working though, correctly. I suspect I need a 'better' wavedev.dll file.
well, below is the one i'm using, but i think it's the same.

i'm on DCD new 6.1 rom and it is working great. before i was on MightyMike 4.16. you can read a little bit of what i did to get it to work here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=111
Attached Files
File Type: cab InCallRecording_Wavdev DLL.cab (1.21 MB, 14 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro