PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-21-2009, 12:54 PM
fadywwf316's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 88
Reputation: 0
fadywwf316 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint TP Very Slow on any ROM (and battery drain)

Hi All,

I've tried searching around all over here and xda-dev and have not found a solution, please help guide me in the right direction. I've had a WM 6.5 beta rom (Merdin's Windows Mobile Pro 6.5 Beta 4, 4-13-09) and one day, Rhodium (Xbmod's V1D) would not load and everything got sooooo slow. I tried doing a couple clear storage's and still, same problem. Eventually, I tried the Juicy 7 (stripped down) rom w/ WM 6.5 and now I'm on db ROM Sprint Optimized. I keep having the same issues where the programs are extremely slow to open (e.g. opening a new text may take a minute to load up) and things freeze up (e.g. an incoming call can't be answered or it will keep ringing for minutes until I do a soft reset). Worst of all as if that's not bad enough, the battery under normal use, AT BEST would give me 6 hours (if I'm trying to surf the net - after IE loads because Opera takes like 2 mins to load - I'll get like 3 hours of use). I never had these issues with that Merdin rom before this. I was out of town in Orlando and wasn't installing software or anything but I was unable to ask right away before going through all this trouble as I wanted to hopefully seek out a solution. Any ideas? Is it WM 6.5? I don't think it is since I wasn't having the issues at first w/ Merdin's. Also, is Clear Storage maybe not really clearing things (although they appear cleared)? Thanks for ANY guidance!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-21-2009, 01:46 PM
vipertk8's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: The everything you own plan by Sprint
Location: MA
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 186
Reputation: 225
vipertk8 is keeping up the good workvipertk8 is keeping up the good workvipertk8 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP Very Slow on any ROM (and battery drain)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadywwf316 View Post
Hi All,

I've tried searching around all over here and xda-dev and have not found a solution, please help guide me in the right direction. I've had a WM 6.5 beta rom (Merdin's Windows Mobile Pro 6.5 Beta 4, 4-13-09) and one day, Rhodium (Xbmod's V1D) would not load and everything got sooooo slow. I tried doing a couple clear storage's and still, same problem. Eventually, I tried the Juicy 7 (stripped down) rom w/ WM 6.5 and now I'm on db ROM Sprint Optimized. I keep having the same issues where the programs are extremely slow to open (e.g. opening a new text may take a minute to load up) and things freeze up (e.g. an incoming call can't be answered or it will keep ringing for minutes until I do a soft reset). Worst of all as if that's not bad enough, the battery under normal use, AT BEST would give me 6 hours (if I'm trying to surf the net - after IE loads because Opera takes like 2 mins to load - I'll get like 3 hours of use). I never had these issues with that Merdin rom before this. I was out of town in Orlando and wasn't installing software or anything but I was unable to ask right away before going through all this trouble as I wanted to hopefully seek out a solution. Any ideas? Is it WM 6.5? I don't think it is since I wasn't having the issues at first w/ Merdin's. Also, is Clear Storage maybe not really clearing things (although they appear cleared)? Thanks for ANY guidance!!!

Best way to hard reset is to Shut your phone off completely. Now Hold Vol down + center button and then press the power button and hold all 3 buttons at the same time till you get the screen to press Vol up to restore to default.

Remember* to back up your phone contacts etc before doing so. Try that out and hopefully that helps if there is a chance you have some sort of hardware problem. In that case make sure to flash back to stock and re lock your phone and bring it in for repair.

Good luck!
__________________
"A simple thank you won't kill to the person that helped you" oh btw thats the green button all the way to your right......




Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-21-2009, 02:12 PM
fadywwf316's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 88
Reputation: 0
fadywwf316 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP Very Slow on any ROM (and battery drain)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipertk8 View Post
Best way to hard reset is to Shut your phone off completely. Now Hold Vol down + center button and then press the power button and hold all 3 buttons at the same time till you get the screen to press Vol up to restore to default.

Remember* to back up your phone contacts etc before doing so. Try that out and hopefully that helps if there is a chance you have some sort of hardware problem. In that case make sure to flash back to stock and re lock your phone and bring it in for repair.

Good luck!
Sounds good, I looked into that but your instructions are better than the ones I saw before as I never was able to do it that way (thanked). Anyway, I'll see if I have the same problems before I have best buy replace it. I am using the db ROM now, any other recommendations for a better one? I just want one that will have the TP2 Rhodium (not even sure if the one I have currently has it) and WM 6.5 Beta (preferably latest stable build, but I don't know which is best).
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-21-2009, 02:32 PM
RonDutt's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon
Location: Bellingham, WA
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 308
Reputation: 275
RonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP Very Slow on any ROM (and battery drain)

Try installing nue(Dynamic)ClockControl and setting the value to 587MHz, I've had it glitch on my stock rom once on a lower clock before. WinMo 6.5 actually does clock control of its own, no external app is needed but being a leaked/beta version, it does have bugs.
__________________
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-21-2009, 03:38 PM
fadywwf316's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 88
Reputation: 0
fadywwf316 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP Very Slow on any ROM (and battery drain)

Thanks Ron, trying that now, a google search got me version 1.3 from nuerom.com I hope that's what you're referring to. By the way, I did the hard reset the right way and still having the problems (e.g. opera taking a minute to load, etc). The battery life I can't tell since I'm constantly using and charging and stuff while I do all this stuff but I can tell the phone back is getting real hot so the battery must be under heavy use.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 05-21-2009, 04:08 PM
fadywwf316's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 88
Reputation: 0
fadywwf316 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP Very Slow on any ROM (and battery drain)

By the way, the TF3D2 Doesn't load right away, the phone was running after the restart for 15 mins and there's only a HTC logo in the background without it loading, other times, I find it randomly loads after a few mins, any reason why?

Last edited by fadywwf316; 05-21-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 05-21-2009, 04:18 PM
RonDutt's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon
Location: Bellingham, WA
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 308
Reputation: 275
RonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP Very Slow on any ROM (and battery drain)

You sure you didn't install nueDyanamic clock at one time or another? Seems like the buggy version that got released where it would clock to 19MHz on boot...hence the HTC logo for what seems like forever.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 05-21-2009, 04:31 PM
fadywwf316's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 88
Reputation: 0
fadywwf316 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP Very Slow on any ROM (and battery drain)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonDutt View Post
You sure you didn't install nueDyanamic clock at one time or another? Seems like the buggy version that got released where it would clock to 19MHz on boot...hence the HTC logo for what seems like forever.
Nope never did. This is the first time I hear of it. I found it and set my TP to 528mhz (didn't find the 587mhz you mentioned). Did a soft reset, things appear to be the same. Any other ideas? Should I just go through XBMOD's v1d install process?
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 05-21-2009, 04:32 PM
vipertk8's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: The everything you own plan by Sprint
Location: MA
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 186
Reputation: 225
vipertk8 is keeping up the good workvipertk8 is keeping up the good workvipertk8 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP Very Slow on any ROM (and battery drain)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadywwf316 View Post
By the way, the TF3D2 Doesn't load right away, the phone was running after the restart for 15 mins and there's only a HTC logo in the background without it loading, other times, I find it randomly loads after a few mins, any reason why?

I am currently running Psyki's V3 Rhodium ROM and is Insanely fast! Check my Signitures also Demolition has excellent ROMs too! 6.5 and MS3. Try them out and give us the results.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 05-21-2009, 04:36 PM
vipertk8's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: The everything you own plan by Sprint
Location: MA
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 186
Reputation: 225
vipertk8 is keeping up the good workvipertk8 is keeping up the good workvipertk8 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP Very Slow on any ROM (and battery drain)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadywwf316 View Post
Nope never did. This is the first time I hear of it. I found it and set my TP to 528mhz (didn't find the 587mhz you mentioned). Did a soft reset, things appear to be the same. Any other ideas? Should I just go through XBMOD's v1d install process?

You can try that too....i would suggest to back track from when the problem began....i have seen in the past that flashing to a new ROM (different builds) it sometimes fixes the problem. Again in case you need to bring the phone back to BestBuy make sure you set it back to default or they might give you the "oh this voids the warranty" BS speech.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com