PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Sprint TP Very Slow on any ROM (and battery drain) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69332)

fadywwf316 05-21-2009 12:54 PM

Sprint TP Very Slow on any ROM (and battery drain)

Hi All,

I've tried searching around all over here and xda-dev and have not found a solution, please help guide me in the right direction. I've had a WM 6.5 beta rom (Merdin's Windows Mobile Pro 6.5 Beta 4, 4-13-09) and one day, Rhodium (Xbmod's V1D) would not load and everything got sooooo slow. I tried doing a couple clear storage's and still, same problem. Eventually, I tried the Juicy 7 (stripped down) rom w/ WM 6.5 and now I'm on db ROM Sprint Optimized. I keep having the same issues where the programs are extremely slow to open (e.g. opening a new text may take a minute to load up) and things freeze up (e.g. an incoming call can't be answered or it will keep ringing for minutes until I do a soft reset). Worst of all as if that's not bad enough, the battery under normal use, AT BEST would give me 6 hours (if I'm trying to surf the net - after IE loads because Opera takes like 2 mins to load - I'll get like 3 hours of use). I never had these issues with that Merdin rom before this. I was out of town in Orlando and wasn't installing software or anything but I was unable to ask right away before going through all this trouble as I wanted to hopefully seek out a solution. Any ideas? Is it WM 6.5? I don't think it is since I wasn't having the issues at first w/ Merdin's. Also, is Clear Storage maybe not really clearing things (although they appear cleared)? Thanks for ANY guidance!!!

vipertk8 05-21-2009 01:46 PM

Re: Sprint TP Very Slow on any ROM (and battery drain)

Quote:

Originally Posted by fadywwf316 (Post 927704)
Hi All,

I've tried searching around all over here and xda-dev and have not found a solution, please help guide me in the right direction. I've had a WM 6.5 beta rom (Merdin's Windows Mobile Pro 6.5 Beta 4, 4-13-09) and one day, Rhodium (Xbmod's V1D) would not load and everything got sooooo slow. I tried doing a couple clear storage's and still, same problem. Eventually, I tried the Juicy 7 (stripped down) rom w/ WM 6.5 and now I'm on db ROM Sprint Optimized. I keep having the same issues where the programs are extremely slow to open (e.g. opening a new text may take a minute to load up) and things freeze up (e.g. an incoming call can't be answered or it will keep ringing for minutes until I do a soft reset). Worst of all as if that's not bad enough, the battery under normal use, AT BEST would give me 6 hours (if I'm trying to surf the net - after IE loads because Opera takes like 2 mins to load - I'll get like 3 hours of use). I never had these issues with that Merdin rom before this. I was out of town in Orlando and wasn't installing software or anything but I was unable to ask right away before going through all this trouble as I wanted to hopefully seek out a solution. Any ideas? Is it WM 6.5? I don't think it is since I wasn't having the issues at first w/ Merdin's. Also, is Clear Storage maybe not really clearing things (although they appear cleared)? Thanks for ANY guidance!!!

Best way to hard reset is to Shut your phone off completely. Now Hold Vol down + center button and then press the power button and hold all 3 buttons at the same time till you get the screen to press Vol up to restore to default.

Remember* to back up your phone contacts etc before doing so. Try that out and hopefully that helps if there is a chance you have some sort of hardware problem. In that case make sure to flash back to stock and re lock your phone and bring it in for repair.

Good luck!

fadywwf316 05-21-2009 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipertk8 (Post 927802)
Best way to hard reset is to Shut your phone off completely. Now Hold Vol down + center button and then press the power button and hold all 3 buttons at the same time till you get the screen to press Vol up to restore to default.

Remember* to back up your phone contacts etc before doing so. Try that out and hopefully that helps if there is a chance you have some sort of hardware problem. In that case make sure to flash back to stock and re lock your phone and bring it in for repair.

Good luck!

Sounds good, I looked into that but your instructions are better than the ones I saw before as I never was able to do it that way (thanked). Anyway, I'll see if I have the same problems before I have best buy replace it. I am using the db ROM now, any other recommendations for a better one? I just want one that will have the TP2 Rhodium (not even sure if the one I have currently has it) and WM 6.5 Beta (preferably latest stable build, but I don't know which is best).

RonDutt 05-21-2009 02:32 PM

Try installing nue(Dynamic)ClockControl and setting the value to 587MHz, I've had it glitch on my stock rom once on a lower clock before. WinMo 6.5 actually does clock control of its own, no external app is needed but being a leaked/beta version, it does have bugs.

fadywwf316 05-21-2009 03:38 PM

Thanks Ron, trying that now, a google search got me version 1.3 from nuerom.com I hope that's what you're referring to. By the way, I did the hard reset the right way and still having the problems (e.g. opera taking a minute to load, etc). The battery life I can't tell since I'm constantly using and charging and stuff while I do all this stuff but I can tell the phone back is getting real hot so the battery must be under heavy use.

fadywwf316 05-21-2009 04:08 PM

By the way, the TF3D2 Doesn't load right away, the phone was running after the restart for 15 mins and there's only a HTC logo in the background without it loading, other times, I find it randomly loads after a few mins, any reason why?

RonDutt 05-21-2009 04:18 PM

You sure you didn't install nueDyanamic clock at one time or another? Seems like the buggy version that got released where it would clock to 19MHz on boot...hence the HTC logo for what seems like forever.

fadywwf316 05-21-2009 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonDutt (Post 928098)
You sure you didn't install nueDyanamic clock at one time or another? Seems like the buggy version that got released where it would clock to 19MHz on boot...hence the HTC logo for what seems like forever.

Nope never did. This is the first time I hear of it. I found it and set my TP to 528mhz (didn't find the 587mhz you mentioned). Did a soft reset, things appear to be the same. Any other ideas? Should I just go through XBMOD's v1d install process?

vipertk8 05-21-2009 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fadywwf316 (Post 928071)
By the way, the TF3D2 Doesn't load right away, the phone was running after the restart for 15 mins and there's only a HTC logo in the background without it loading, other times, I find it randomly loads after a few mins, any reason why?

I am currently running Psyki's V3 Rhodium ROM and is Insanely fast! Check my Signitures also Demolition has excellent ROMs too! 6.5 and MS3. Try them out and give us the results.

vipertk8 05-21-2009 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fadywwf316 (Post 928132)
Nope never did. This is the first time I hear of it. I found it and set my TP to 528mhz (didn't find the 587mhz you mentioned). Did a soft reset, things appear to be the same. Any other ideas? Should I just go through XBMOD's v1d install process?

You can try that too....i would suggest to back track from when the problem began....i have seen in the past that flashing to a new ROM (different builds) it sometimes fixes the problem. Again in case you need to bring the phone back to BestBuy make sure you set it back to default or they might give you the "oh this voids the warranty" BS speech.