PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2009, 12:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

nswenson is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnswenson is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnswenson is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP Very Slow on any ROM (and battery drain)

Try removing your memory card and soft reset. See if the performance is better without the memory card in it. I observed slow performance once because the memory card had corrupted files on it. The manilla was attempting to scan for music and photos, but got hung up on the bad files. The fix for me was to do a scan disk on the memory card and let windows fix all the corrupt files. If you put the memory card back in the phone and connect phone to your PC in disk mode you can have windows scan the memory card by right clicking on the drive letter in windows explorer-> properties-> tools-> Check now.

Nathan
Old 05-22-2009, 12:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

fadywwf316 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nswenson View Post
Try removing your memory card and soft reset. See if the performance is better without the memory card in it. I observed slow performance once because the memory card had corrupted files on it. The manilla was attempting to scan for music and photos, but got hung up on the bad files. The fix for me was to do a scan disk on the memory card and let windows fix all the corrupt files. If you put the memory card back in the phone and connect phone to your PC in disk mode you can have windows scan the memory card by right clicking on the drive letter in windows explorer-> properties-> tools-> Check now.

Nathan
Well here's the update. I woke up this morning and battery was fully drained (I wish there was a realtime task manager that could tell me if something is eating up the battery...the one in settings isn't helping). Anyway, so I got in touch w/ Best Buy and surely enough they don't carry the battery so I ordered it from buy.com and will get reimbursed for it. So until I get through that, I don't know what the battery issue is (whether it is a bad battery or software issue draining it).

I did the 2 button-based hard resets and clear storage and when I rebootted, TF3D still doesn't just smoothly load...a matter of fact, it doesn't load in general (loaded once today but I don't know what caused it to be so gracious...after that (since I had to reset the device, etc) nothing since...so I know it exists on the phone and when it loads, it works perfectly...any help there would be great.

Also, phone still doesn't want to sync. I'm thinking of finding a WM rom w/o TF3d and going from there (installing it manually myself if I can get the other problems fixed). I guess my biggest thing is the syncing now and TF3d since I'm waiting on the battery, any help is appreciated, thanks and keep the suggestions flowing, can't hurt to try anything at this point (as I was told @ BB I would have to wait a couple weeks w/o a phone and they have no loaner smartphones).
Old 05-22-2009, 01:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: The everything you own plan by Sprint

vipertk8 is keeping up the good workvipertk8 is keeping up the good workvipertk8 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadywwf316 View Post
Well here's the update. I woke up this morning and battery was fully drained (I wish there was a realtime task manager that could tell me if something is eating up the battery...the one in settings isn't helping). Anyway, so I got in touch w/ Best Buy and surely enough they don't carry the battery so I ordered it from buy.com and will get reimbursed for it. So until I get through that, I don't know what the battery issue is (whether it is a bad battery or software issue draining it).

I did the 2 button-based hard resets and clear storage and when I rebootted, TF3D still doesn't just smoothly load...a matter of fact, it doesn't load in general (loaded once today but I don't know what caused it to be so gracious...after that (since I had to reset the device, etc) nothing since...so I know it exists on the phone and when it loads, it works perfectly...any help there would be great.

Also, phone still doesn't want to sync. I'm thinking of finding a WM rom w/o TF3d and going from there (installing it manually myself if I can get the other problems fixed). I guess my biggest thing is the syncing now and TF3d since I'm waiting on the battery, any help is appreciated, thanks and keep the suggestions flowing, can't hurt to try anything at this point (as I was told @ BB I would have to wait a couple weeks w/o a phone and they have no loaner smartphones).

If you want install a Mobile shell 3 w/out TF3d or titanium installed. Bmxxx187 has a nice MS3 ROM (check my sig for Demolition) and see what happens. If you still experience problems just flash the stock ROM relock and get a replacement from Bestbuy.

I just noticed he doens't have it up anymore. send him a PM he will give you the link to download it

Old 05-22-2009, 02:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

fadywwf316 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipertk8 View Post
If you want install a Mobile shell 3 w/out TF3d or titanium installed. Bmxxx187 has a nice MS3 ROM (check my sig for Demolition) and see what happens. If you still experience problems just flash the stock ROM relock and get a replacement from Bestbuy.

I just noticed he doens't have it up anymore. send him a PM he will give you the link to download it
Well I was actually just going to ask, does anyone know of a WM6.5 rom w/o TF3D (like a stripped down 6.5 rom for Touch Pro)? If so, I was thinking of trying that and if all works well, just installing TF3D manually using XBMod's instructions and see if I can isolate the problem if it is recreated. Thanks.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Alltel/VerizOn

KillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

have you tried flashing back to stock??? My TP was acting on me and even hard resets wouldnt do the trick for me. I flashed back to stock hard reset and flashed back to MR5 it seems to be running better. But ever since I flashed to 6.5 the first time my GPS doesnt work at all...flashing to stok didnt help either.

Old 05-22-2009, 03:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

fadywwf316 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillAByteZ View Post
have you tried flashing back to stock??? My TP was acting on me and even hard resets wouldnt do the trick for me. I flashed back to stock hard reset and flashed back to MR5 it seems to be running better. But ever since I flashed to 6.5 the first time my GPS doesnt work at all...flashing to stok didnt help either.
I think I'll try that, I'm so confused...the Roms work perfectly...until TF3D gets installed (but they aren't syncing whether or not TF3D is installed actually). I'll check in about my results.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

fadywwf316 is a n00b

Well, I'm back at Sprint stock ROM and although TF3D did load (after about 5 mins) i'm still having problems (like entering data into opera for a URL or filling in a login takes forever) and still not syncing with the PC (and I tried it on an activesync equipped XP unit, not just my WMDC equipped vista unit). So, I guess if no one has any other suggestions...how do I go about re-locking this thing?
Old 05-22-2009, 06:26 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Use the Relocker

Make sure your TP is connect to your desktop via usb then extract the files from the Relocker. After extracting the files u should see this " Raphael_CDMA_Relocker.exe" run the relocker by clicking it and follow the onscreen instructions

Last edited by BRIVERS73; 05-22-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

fadywwf316 is a n00b

One more thing, now that I have the stock rom, it has error reporting. I keep getting a filesys.exe error (got it twice and it seems to be like when things crash). Hmm, I wonder if this is the culprit but I never figured it out because the custom roms have error reporting off by default...any one hear of this file causing problems?
Old 05-24-2009, 04:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

fadywwf316 is a n00b

By the way, I re-locked the phone and now it says Security Unlocked in bootlogger mode...that doesn't sound right, is it? It doesn't have the full suffix it did before after the .37 so maybe it is really locked? Any ideas?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro