PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2009, 04:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

fadywwf316 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP Very Slow on any ROM (and battery drain)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipertk8 View Post
You can try that too....i would suggest to back track from when the problem began....i have seen in the past that flashing to a new ROM (different builds) it sometimes fixes the problem. Again in case you need to bring the phone back to BestBuy make sure you set it back to default or they might give you the "oh this voids the warranty" BS speech.
I'll try the PsykiROM first, I wanted to hold off on trading the phone in until the TP2 came out (assuming it did come later this summer).
Old 05-21-2009, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: The everything you own plan by Sprint

vipertk8 is keeping up the good workvipertk8 is keeping up the good workvipertk8 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadywwf316 View Post
I'll try the PsykiROM first, I wanted to hold off on trading the phone in until the TP2 came out (assuming it did come later this summer).

If my memory serves me right TP2 should be out this summer if not this Fall...

Old 05-21-2009, 06:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

fadywwf316 is a n00b

Hey, well I installed Psyki Rom and it looks like things are running a bit faster but clearly not like they should be. I still am not getting the TF3d2 to boot quickly, it just sticks there with the HTC logo. Is this a known issue in general? I'm not sure, should I just relock it and go to BB to have it looked at? If so, is there a way to relock it? Should I also install a particular Radio? I've got 1.08 installed (tried that after 1.11 to see if that could be causing the issue). After I install the stock ROM (and radio if you recommend), is there a way to relock the phone?
Old 05-21-2009, 06:24 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Hey, well I installed Psyki Rom and it looks like things are running a bit faster but clearly not like they should be. I still am not getting the TF3d2 to boot quickly, it just sticks there with the HTC logo. Is this a known issue in general? I'm not sure, should I just relock it and go to BB to have it looked at? If so, is there a way to relock it? Should I also install a particular Radio? I've got 1.08 installed (tried that after 1.11 to see if that could be causing the issue). After I install the stock ROM (and radio if you recommend), is there a way to relock the phone?
Make sure you dont touch the phone till tf3d boots, or it will cause lag or even make it not boot up. Also how do you have 1.08 installed, There isnt a 1.08 for the touch pro? Do you mean 1.07
Old 05-21-2009, 06:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

fadywwf316 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmxx187 View Post
Make sure you dont touch the phone till tf3d boots, or it will cause lag or even make it not boot up. Also how do you have 1.08 installed, There isnt a 1.08 for the touch pro? Do you mean 1.07
I'm using 1.08.25.20M1 from http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...actedRadioRoms Also, TF3D is not loading at all. I am reinstalling it using XBMod's instructions to see if that fixes it. I guess I've noticed the biggest thing that is lagging (sicne I can't quite test the battery life yet since I'm driving the phone nuts now) is the Opera loading which takes a few mins. Anyway, lets see if the TF3d2 reinstall fixes anything.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

fadywwf316 is a n00b

Well, while many programs are opening quicker, I can't get TF3D (Rhodium) to run. I installed the latest one (from April) from XBMod's thread on xda-dev using the instructions in the package and I also reinstalled CF 3.5 before that just in case. No luck, any ideas? I think if I can get TF3D to load, I can live w/ the phone (and the lag here or there) until Sprint gets the TP2 if it's in a month or so. Also, while I sync w/ MyPhone, I'm unable to sync on vista now...I got a partnership created but WMDC keeps giving me an error in syncing. Also, transfering files over USB now takes soooooooo long (so I just use a card adapter). Are these all hardware issues? I don't understand how they can be software after loading a new ROM and doing hard resets. I haven't reinstalled anything (although I get a SSMaHo Autostart failed error, no idea what that is) except the ROM (and myphone). Thanks for any advice.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: The everything you own plan by Sprint

vipertk8 is keeping up the good workvipertk8 is keeping up the good workvipertk8 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Well, while many programs are opening quicker, I can't get TF3D (Rhodium) to run. I installed the latest one (from April) from XBMod's thread on xda-dev using the instructions in the package and I also reinstalled CF 3.5 before that just in case. No luck, any ideas? I think if I can get TF3D to load, I can live w/ the phone (and the lag here or there) until Sprint gets the TP2 if it's in a month or so. Also, while I sync w/ MyPhone, I'm unable to sync on vista now...I got a partnership created but WMDC keeps giving me an error in syncing. Also, transfering files over USB now takes soooooooo long (so I just use a card adapter). Are these all hardware issues? I don't understand how they can be software after loading a new ROM and doing hard resets. I haven't reinstalled anything (although I get a SSMaHo Autostart failed error, no idea what that is) except the ROM (and myphone). Thanks for any advice.

That sucks that you still have issues.....One thing i forgot to ask:

Did you take out your Sd card and then try to boot? does that make any difference? Try that out. If not i can try to look into it as well and see whats going on. Since you mentioned that you have issues with vista that sort of comes to mind that the sd card can slow it down a bit....
Old 05-21-2009, 10:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

fadywwf316 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipertk8 View Post
That sucks that you still have issues.....One thing i forgot to ask:

Did you take out your Sd card and then try to boot? does that make any difference? Try that out. If not i can try to look into it as well and see whats going on. Since you mentioned that you have issues with vista that sort of comes to mind that the sd card can slow it down a bit....
Yup, just booted without it and still having the same issue, TF3D just doesn't want to come up...that HTC logo on the today screen is killing me...its like, do I do anything? i tried clicking it, etc but obvsiously nothing happens still
Old 05-21-2009, 11:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

RonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Curious, have you done a hardware hard-reset yet? (using the button combo...can't recall the exact procedure atm). Do it twice and then again from inside the rom (clean memory). This *WILL* reset the phone to factory! Meaning you'll have to activate data again or update the PRI/PRL and autoprogram.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

fadywwf316 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonDutt View Post
Curious, have you done a hardware hard-reset yet? (using the button combo...can't recall the exact procedure atm). Do it twice and then again from inside the rom (clean memory). This *WILL* reset the phone to factory! Meaning you'll have to activate data again or update the PRI/PRL and autoprogram.
Well I haven't done it that many times, but I'll try it in the morning. For now (to recap) it seems like I have everything running on a WM6.1 rom at decent speed but TF3D is not loading still) and the phone won't sync like it used to with my Vista home PC (and transferring files is dead slow). I'll leave the phone overnight and see if the battery gets killed w/ no use (e.g. battery drain issue still exists) or not. I'll let you know in the morning when I try that out.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro