PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2009, 11:55 AM
Lurker

ViperInTheOC is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
CDMA Touch Pro questions (Newb)

I have Verizon wireless right now, and though I hate what they do with their phones, they have the best coverage in my area. I'm looking at buying a Sprint Touch Pro and putting it on Verizon's network, but I have a few questions...What's the right order that I have to do it in? Do I flash it with a VZW ROM first, then follow the 'Sprint to Verizon' steps? After that, am I free to then put any custom ROM on it that I want?

Are people still successful in doing this now? Or has Verizon finally locked it down enough where it's practically impossible?

I've looked around the forum and got answers to some of those here and there, but not everything overall. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Viper
Old 05-21-2009, 12:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

RonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: CDMA Touch Pro questions (Newb)

My advice, do a better job of using the search function. Hell, even go to the 2nd page and you'll get all 3 topics dedicated to this subject. In short, practically impossible unless you want to a) lie or b) use an Alltel TP.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:43 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I thought VZW stopped allowing Sprint TPs on their network?
Old 05-21-2009, 01:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: SPRINT

orionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Talking Re: CDMA Touch Pro questions (Newb)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonDutt View Post
My advice, do a better job of using the search function. Hell, even go to the 2nd page and you'll get all 3 topics dedicated to this subject. In short, practically impossible unless you want to a) lie or b) use an Alltel TP.
who cares he didnt search thats why were here lol haha...

heres the link to the main thread on this topic hope it helps anwer all of your questions.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...sprint+verizon

HTC Mogul>HTC Touch>HTC TP>HTC Snap>Palm Pre>HTC TP2(PUKE)>HTC Hero>HTC Evo
htc... is it in ur blood?
Old 05-21-2009, 02:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker

RonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I care and I'm sure most of the mods do as well, having 500 useless new threads about the same thing is not beneficial to the community. There are a lot of people who use search, and when they search from something most often than not they get 500 useless posts that they have to dig through to find the 1 thread pertitent to what they're looking for.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:04 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonDutt View Post
I care and I'm sure most of the mods do as well, having 500 useless new threads about the same thing is not beneficial to the community. There are a lot of people who use search, and when they search from something most often than not they get 500 useless posts that they have to dig through to find the 1 thread pertitent to what they're looking for.
Eh, that's what mods are for. I'd rather help a person so that there is a better chance they can contribute to the forum in the future. I know when I first came here, everyone was really nice about providing answers. If everyone was like you when I asked questions, I would've never contributed to his forum as I have since I first joined.

It takes the same amount of time to point a person in the right direction than to just write a tirade on how they should use the search function, but which is more productive?
Old 05-21-2009, 04:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Both is more productive, which is what I did Simply put, it's not possible to get a Sprint Touch Pro on Verizon unless you lie to tech support and get your DMD added, or get an Alltel Touch Pro and go through the proper process to get it activated.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro