PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Potential fix for those lagging TP keyboards - press space bar, hard (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69324)

fng3 05-21-2009 11:47 AM

Potential fix for those lagging TP keyboards - press space bar, hard

Hello all -

I have been experiencing the lagging keyboard issue that many folks have described (repeating keys, no response...)

After looking into it for over a week, many reg hacks not working and different ROMs not fixing it, I finally found someone saying that the connector for the KB is under the spacebar and to give it a firm press.

holy smokes it works again.....hope others have the same luck as I did.

I know there are boat loads of threads on this topic but I figured that this deserved its own since it actually worked.

chazybaz13 05-21-2009 12:06 PM

Re: Potential fix for those lagging TP keyboards - press space bar, hard

Seems to have worked. Thanks a bunch!

Darkjedi 05-21-2009 12:40 PM

this is only a temporary fix. After a while, you have to press the space key really hard every time you open up the keyboard and eventually it won't work at all. I had to get my TP replaced because of this problem.

slvrap1 05-21-2009 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkjedi007 (Post 927689)
this is only a temporary fix. After a while, you have to press the space key really hard every time you open up the keyboard and eventually it won't work at all. I had to get my TP replaced because of this problem.

Ditto, im on my third one no other problems except for the keyoards going out. Unless you want to oper it up and fix it and will go tottaly dead

sandiegodude 05-21-2009 02:31 PM

I can't believe this.
Come on HTC!!! GET WITH THE PROGRAM!

respecognize 05-21-2009 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slvrap1 (Post 927731)
Ditto, im on my third one no other problems except for the keyoards going out. Unless you want to oper it up and fix it and will go tottaly dead

for real tho, im on my 4th one also and sprint doesnt want to replace it. And the only reason I had to replace the SOB's is because of the same lagging keyboard problem. Now im forced to use the on screen keyboard....which sucks when u have fat fingers :(

terrible :angry7:

Darkjedi 05-21-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by respecognize (Post 927920)
for real tho, im on my 4th one also and sprint doesnt want to replace it. And the only reason I had to replace the SOB's is because of the same lagging keyboard problem. Now im forced to use the on screen keyboard....which sucks when u have fat fingers :(

terrible :angry7:

You don't have TEP? I had to get my mogul replaced several times for various reasons involving overheating and the like, Sprint never told me I couldn't get my phone replaced anymore.