PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2009, 08:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Valen661 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Won't charge! :(

I've owned my touch pro for a couple months, and it's been a great phone. I've changed rom's and customized it to my liking.... but now it has just stopped charging.

Wiggling the connection doesn't get any response. The charger itself is lit up, but the phone gets no response. I've tried plugging it into USB, no response. The phone will start up just fine, give me low battery warning, and then shut off. All while never recognizing it's plugged in.

I normally charge it each night before I sleep, and it hasn't suffered any abuse, or anything out of the ordinary, it just randomly stopped charging.

What say you guys?
Old 05-21-2009, 09:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn
Re: Won't charge! :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valen661 View Post
I've owned my touch pro for a couple months, and it's been a great phone. I've changed rom's and customized it to my liking.... but now it has just stopped charging.

Wiggling the connection doesn't get any response. The charger itself is lit up, but the phone gets no response. I've tried plugging it into USB, no response. The phone will start up just fine, give me low battery warning, and then shut off. All while never recognizing it's plugged in.

I normally charge it each night before I sleep, and it hasn't suffered any abuse, or anything out of the ordinary, it just randomly stopped charging.

What say you guys?
I would say hardware failure? Doesn't really surprise me cause I know my phone is CONSTANTLY on the charger
Old 05-21-2009, 09:10 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Valen661 is a n00b

I just got this phone from insurance, brand new, a couple months ago... that would be rediculous ; ( sigh...
Old 05-21-2009, 09:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

pastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good work

Check the USB port for bent pins. You may need a bright light or magnifier to see down in there. The Mogul had a fragile (as in CHEAP) port design that was prone to failure. One would think that HTC would have improved that design, but HTC is also prone to repeating its mistakes over and over. If the pins are slightly bent you may be able to bend them back, if not it's replacement time. Good luck!
Old 05-21-2009, 10:44 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Are you charging by AC or USB, or tried both?

If neither work, your USB slot on your phone is likely damaged.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:48 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I had the same problem about two months after I got my first TP. It ended up being that the charging port on the TP had issues. You could try inserting the charging cable about halfway and watching the battery icon to see if it registers the charger being inserted.

That worked for me for awhile, but ultimately I got my TP replaced because of this.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:11 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Valen661 is a n00b

I've tried charging it both by AC and USB.

Thanks for the sugguestion, I'll try looking into the USB port with a magnifier.

If I have to replace this one, it'll be the 4th time with HTC - 3 6800's, 1 6850. The 6800's were all dead screens over time. The lifetime of these products just sucks.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Mine just quit charging too....wait it's working again...okay now it isn't. It works everytime on my home charger. I have issues with it wanting to charge via USB or my car charger.

Old 05-21-2009, 01:37 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Yeah, I had trouble with one of my car chargers and remembered that I had picked it up at Walmart for like $7, so I tossed it in the trash.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

legend11 is a n00b

Start/settings/power is the "When device turned on, do not charge the battery when connected to the pc" box checked?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro