\"PPCGeeks\"

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Won't charge! :( (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69312)

Valen661 05-21-2009 08:53 AM

Won't charge! :(

I've owned my touch pro for a couple months, and it's been a great phone. I've changed rom's and customized it to my liking.... but now it has just stopped charging.

Wiggling the connection doesn't get any response. The charger itself is lit up, but the phone gets no response. I've tried plugging it into USB, no response. The phone will start up just fine, give me low battery warning, and then shut off. All while never recognizing it's plugged in.

I normally charge it each night before I sleep, and it hasn't suffered any abuse, or anything out of the ordinary, it just randomly stopped charging.

What say you guys?

blazinazn 05-21-2009 09:09 AM

Re: Won't charge! :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valen661 (Post 927380)
I've owned my touch pro for a couple months, and it's been a great phone. I've changed rom's and customized it to my liking.... but now it has just stopped charging.

Wiggling the connection doesn't get any response. The charger itself is lit up, but the phone gets no response. I've tried plugging it into USB, no response. The phone will start up just fine, give me low battery warning, and then shut off. All while never recognizing it's plugged in.

I normally charge it each night before I sleep, and it hasn't suffered any abuse, or anything out of the ordinary, it just randomly stopped charging.

What say you guys?

I would say hardware failure? Doesn't really surprise me cause I know my phone is CONSTANTLY on the charger :(

Valen661 05-21-2009 09:10 AM

I just got this phone from insurance, brand new, a couple months ago... that would be rediculous ; ( sigh...

pastafarian 05-21-2009 09:17 AM

Check the USB port for bent pins. You may need a bright light or magnifier to see down in there. The Mogul had a fragile (as in CHEAP) port design that was prone to failure. One would think that HTC would have improved that design, but HTC is also prone to repeating its mistakes over and over. If the pins are slightly bent you may be able to bend them back, if not it's replacement time. Good luck!

Darkjedi 05-21-2009 10:44 AM

Are you charging by AC or USB, or tried both?

If neither work, your USB slot on your phone is likely damaged.

rainfreak 05-21-2009 10:48 AM

I had the same problem about two months after I got my first TP. It ended up being that the charging port on the TP had issues. You could try inserting the charging cable about halfway and watching the battery icon to see if it registers the charger being inserted.

That worked for me for awhile, but ultimately I got my TP replaced because of this.

Valen661 05-21-2009 01:11 PM

I've tried charging it both by AC and USB.

Thanks for the sugguestion, I'll try looking into the USB port with a magnifier.

If I have to replace this one, it'll be the 4th time with HTC - 3 6800's, 1 6850. The 6800's were all dead screens over time. The lifetime of these products just sucks.

jason25 05-21-2009 01:28 PM

Mine just quit charging too....wait it's working again...okay now it isn't. It works everytime on my home charger. I have issues with it wanting to charge via USB or my car charger.

rainfreak 05-21-2009 01:37 PM

Yeah, I had trouble with one of my car chargers and remembered that I had picked it up at Walmart for like $7, so I tossed it in the trash.

legend11 05-21-2009 01:42 PM

Start/settings/power is the "When device turned on, do not charge the battery when connected to the pc" box checked?