PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2009, 06:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond, HTC TP, HTC TP2 & HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

soicy423 is keeping up the good worksoicy423 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm new to the touch pro from the diamond...need some help

my topuch pro arrives in the mail 2morrow so i'm new to it. my last phone was a diamond. the questions i have are.

is there an official rom update that i need to flash like there was with my diamond?

how stable is windows 6.5? i know on my diamond it was good but i did have an issue with kinoma and windows media player freezing?

how is cfays touch pro2 rom because that's the one i'm thinkin of flashing to?

what radio is the best? the sprint 1.11.00F?

Last edited by soicy423; 05-21-2009 at 06:46 AM.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:48 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx
Re: I'm new to the touch pro from the diamond...need some help

Quote:
Originally Posted by soicy423 View Post
my topuch pro arrives in the mail 2morrow so i'm new to it. my last phone was a diamond. the questions i have are.

is there an official rom update that i need to flash like there was with my diamond?

how stable is windows 6.5? i know on my diamond it was good but i did have an issue with kinoma and windows media player freezing.

how is cfays touch pro2 rom because that's the one i'm thinkin of flashing to?
no you dont need to flash to an official. You just need to unlock your phone like you did with your diamond.
What are you looking for in a rom? I would spend a day getting to know the phone, but since you came from the diamond thats not necessary. You should start flashing as many different roms as you can and try them all out to see what caters to your needs the best, or try out one of the simple kitchens!
I havent used cfays rom so i couldnt tell you, but 6.5 is very stable now
Old 05-21-2009, 09:27 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

First, 6.5 is far from stable in my opinion. The corrupted ringtones, the start menu not opening up, and many programs not playing nice with wm 6.5 are just a few of the problems. I wouldn't necessarily call it stable.

If you want the most stable and hassle free, I still recommend reborn from Might Mike.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6850

ACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

+1 for R3BORN! Fast and stable!
Old 05-21-2009, 11:37 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
First, 6.5 is far from stable in my opinion. The corrupted ringtones, the start menu not opening up, and many programs not playing nice with wm 6.5 are just a few of the problems. I wouldn't necessarily call it stable.

If you want the most stable and hassle free, I still recommend reborn from Might Mike.
I am using the latest kitchen from JD and don't have any of the problems that you are describing. All my ringtones work fine (and many of them are my own custom ones), the start menu always works as it should, and I have not had any problems with installing or running any applications or games (and I have quite a bit of sh!t installed).
Old 05-21-2009, 12:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Quote:

I wouldn't agree with this either. See the ROM in my sig that I am currently running and I am not have any such issues....
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:40 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:

I don't agree with this either. I am running Juicy7 and do not experience any of these issues. 6.5 is VERY stable.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

temperbad is keeping up the good worktemperbad is keeping up the good worktemperbad is keeping up the good work

Id flash to Mighty Rom 5, I have 0 issues and used alot of the 6.5 roms, this one has 0 bugs. I use the 1.11.00F radio and I get great battery life a reception, every program i have works with it and i would agree with the others. 6.5 is very stable and id never go back to 6.1.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:46 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Yeah, I guess I could have stated it better in my original reply. I am not having any issues with 6.5 at all. I get great battery life, never drop or miss calls, never experience slowness. 6.5 is much nicer than 6.1, hands down.

Just flash it and give it a try. C'mon... everyone else is doing it...
Old 05-21-2009, 02:51 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Moved to Main TP Forum
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro