PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2009, 02:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

DjKringe is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I have a problem!

So two weeks ago my girlfriend is getting a looping text from me every five minutes. Sprint resets both of our text messaging accounts and nothing changed. Upon serious examination i find a text in my outbox to her. I try to delete it but I cannot. This prompts me to flash a new rom. I've tried five different ones in the past week. Well with each rom I have had the problem of my phone either locking up or generally not coming out of stand by. I get the dark blue screen and nothing more. Today I reverted to the stock rom and relocked the phone so that I could return it. I went to the wrong sprint store where they were baffled and said go to this repair center. I went..but on the way I removed battery and after five times reinserting it...it finally worked. Guess what? Sprint store could not replicate problem and everything was working great! Hour later same dumb sh*t. Now again...working great! How do I get Sprint to replace the phone when everytime I try to show them what's wrong, it works great?
Old 05-21-2009, 02:45 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: I have a problem!

sprint can run your tp remotely from anywhere, try that when you got time. let them send your girl some texts.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:01 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

what!? don't scare the noob darren.
actually this is a common problem for some (I have only seen once in my mogul days)

so when you flashed these roms did you
A. let customizations run?
B. hard reset after A. and repeat A.
C. use a backup or automated installer app?
Old 05-21-2009, 03:28 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

DjKringe is a n00b

ya..he scared the n00b. Not really but...I have reflashed with no lie, five different roms. Always have let the customizations do their thing. First couple times restored both files and programs and contacts. Stopped that and only restored contacts...but...I didn't restore one single thing when I reflashed to Sprint stock rom and yes...cleared storage right after the flash...I had no contacts from old..no files, no sd card..no nothing...same result..btw..working fantastic at the momoent...go figure..that doesn't satisfy me in the least...work..always..please
Old 05-21-2009, 03:32 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

DjKringe is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
sprint can run your tp remotely from anywhere, try that when you got time. let them send your girl some texts.
wow!...you just fixed my junk! Thanks so much
Old 05-21-2009, 03:34 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

lol, well, good luck. just make sure when you do set a backup to ONLY have it keep the text message inbox and sent folders (never backup the outbox)
Old 05-21-2009, 03:37 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

DjKringe is a n00b

dude..seriously...what's with these replies? Assume I am not an idiot and actually read what i just typed...I said I only backed up contacts and only restored contacts and then...after more probs...restore NOTHING! ZERO, ZILCH, NADA...NOTHING!

I am stock-*** Sprint right now....had the problems all night and at the momoent..no probs..but really gents...if not help..then offer nothing...THNKS
Old 05-21-2009, 03:54 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

DjKringe is a n00b

not aimed at you at all shaggy...just a bit frustrated here and would like some real answers..
Old 05-21-2009, 04:01 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

sorry, man, I just wanna cover the basics.. I just now noticed you've actually been a member a while, just quiet. yes I can read, it was just a caution is all, and it seems you have done reading of your own.. like I said I don't have much experience with this issue personally, but from what I've seen those things were common.

anyway, maybe we're missing some info.. does here phone always get the same msg? currently do you still get the phantom message in your outbox or just to her phone?
I hope you don't think these are dumb ?'s (there's no such thing, only dumb answers like my earlier ones...lol.)
also, it's 3am at least I speak english.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:04 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

DjKringe is a n00b

No. The text message thing went away once there was no longer a message sitting in my outbox. She's happy as hell and I'm miserable. She has a palm 755p and I have a TP. I usually think I have won technology wise...not so sure now. her Palm is solid as a rock...(her phone I mean)...my TP..well shazaam, it aint all it's cracked up to be

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro