PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2009, 05:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: s2u2 v1.62 (slide 2 unlock 2) buggy (lost calls, battery drain, etc)

Just wondering if the OP is using a cooked rom? I'm on the stock 6.1 Sprint rom using 1.65 beta 2 patch and haven't had any of the listed problems. I recently tried PocketShield, but I couldn't figure out a way to show upcoming appointments on the lock screen. I've really grown to like that feature.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:06 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

thanx to advice from goodgets, i switched to ps and my battery life is sooooo much better. ive used s2 from my first ppc but im loving the new ps build. lots of skins also. thanx goodgets.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

S2U2 was just a small app back then. Less than 400 kb. Atleast the version I had. It tries to do too many things now. My QVGA version works fine but I just cant use a wall paper because it shows up too small. Time and date is also small. Trying out PS at the moment.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:55 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

Battery drain! use pocketshield now and I couldn't be happier.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:59 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
thanx to advice from goodgets, i switched to ps and my battery life is sooooo much better. ive used s2 from my first ppc but im loving the new ps build. lots of skins also. thanx goodgets.
LOL. I guess that makes me a goodget. Never been called that b4.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

asuh is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstein View Post
Just wondering if the OP is using a cooked rom?
I'm using the original ROM.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

scorpionreign is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by asuh View Post
Ever since installing v1.62, I've had a lot of problems with my TP (using the original ROM). I recently switched to PocketShield and I don't see the same problems anymore.

List of problems:

Lost calls
Random pinwheels (middle circle when app opens)
Quicker battery drainage
Delayed fullscreen caller ID

You can see others with similar problems here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=464695

Until/unless these problems are corrected or fixed, I'm staying on PocketShield. The unpaid for version has been working fine on my phone and I don't notice these problems that I had before.

A great list of other phone locks: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=64231

It's sad because s2u2 was a really good way to lock the phone and had so many cool features. I just can't deal with the bulkiness.
Wow, I haven't had any problem with 1.62. Have you check other program running in the backbround and also check your setting on you power mgr.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:54 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpionreign View Post
Wow, I haven't had any problem with 1.62. Have you check other program running in the backbround and also check your setting on you power mgr.
ive used s2 for years and love it in many ways but i dont care what settings you use vs ps, s2 is a hogg. try ps for a week and see the battery results you get, its big.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

bobby yarrow is a n00b

I'm a party of 1 on this, but pocket shield absolutely will not work on my phone. Running SSK rom, tried PS (which I own) on both SSK's 6.1 and 6.5 ROMs, tried both the current version and prevision of PS, and they just flat out don't work. Phone will not unlock without softrest, no matter the settings. I haven't asked for support, probably could get it, but I suspect AEB Plus of being the problem (tho none of PS buttons are mapped on AEB).
Old 05-23-2009, 03:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

PS actually states that AEButton + can conflict with PocketShield, but I have run both together for months with MANY different ROM's & they work just fine together for me (I have two TouchPro's running both right now, one on Mighty 4RBORN & one on merdin's latest 6.5).

~John

Last edited by jmorton10; 05-23-2009 at 03:21 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro