PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2009, 04:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

youngnrich85 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is there a security or lock app??

whats up yall....yes im new to the winmo....i wanted to know is there an apllication with security/lock app...that lock/hide my contacts and my texts/emails...reason my girl is comin back home soo i know she wanna be all up in my phone...im not too good with switching win mobile roms yet...like i did with my nextels

also is the extended battery worth it?? i work two jobs, construction durrin the day and part time at a supermarket a night...the stock battery that came with it...only at most without textin and writin documents last me from 6am to bout 4-7pm...dependin how much i use...then have to bring my charger to go for the rest of the night.

thansk for the help
Old 05-20-2009, 04:23 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Is there a security or lock app??

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngnrich85 View Post
whats up yall....yes im new to the winmo....i wanted to know is there an apllication with security/lock app...that lock/hide my contacts and my texts/emails...reason my girl is comin back home soo i know she wanna be all up in my phone...im not too good with switching win mobile roms yet...like i did with my nextels

also is the extended battery worth it?? i work two jobs, construction durrin the day and part time at a supermarket a night...the stock battery that came with it...only at most without textin and writin documents last me from 6am to bout 4-7pm...dependin how much i use...then have to bring my charger to go for the rest of the night.

thansk for the help
Welcome to the site.... Why not use the default locking app? Getting either an extended battery or a spare battery from Sprint is a great investment... You can find some here

Or here if u want your battery to last longer.... with a price... (it adds to the thickness of the phone...not to mention the hefty price tag)

You can also go to Sprint and see if they will give u an extra battery for free if u wanna go that route

Last edited by BRIVERS73; 05-20-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

lilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to lilbitz_1018

I know of a program called SmartSmS I'm not sure if its in this forum or not. But originally your phone comes with a security lock. Check under the security settings and you'll find how to put the lock on and set it so that after a certain amount of time has p@$$ it will lock itself. SmartSmS to my knowledge will hide certain/all texts and unlock with a set password.

The extended battery might be worth it in your case because of the hassle of working two jobs and no time to sit and charge it. The battery dies incredibly fast but with some registry tweaks and radio flashing you should be able to save a little bit more.

Good Luck
Old 05-20-2009, 04:30 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

youngnrich85 is a n00b

i could use that but idk...she the type that like to snoop around when im sleep
Old 05-20-2009, 04:32 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Try using the lock that is already on your device and lock it then... Start/Settings/Lock and go from there
Old 05-20-2009, 04:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

lilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to lilbitz_1018

yeah theres the option to put alphanumeric passwords so you can make it complicated. You can set it to lock after like 5 minutes so in 5mins. if you fall asleep it locks up and she wont get into it unless she hard resets!

hopefully she doesnt do that! lol
Old 05-20-2009, 07:19 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngnrich85 View Post

thansk for the help
as some of the other ppcgeeks said, the phone comes with a stock locking program, all you have to do is activate the password option and you're good to go.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:20 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

youngnrich85 is a n00b

okay thanks for the help
Old 05-21-2009, 01:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Wow...if she's suspicious enough to snoop around your phone to begin with, how do you think she's going to react to a password prompt (which she will know - or think - is there for a reason). That's kind of a tough situation to be in. I hope you get it worked out.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro