PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2009, 12:00 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Use a strap, keeps phone safer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejones13 View Post
WOW, now I feel like an dumb a$$. I seen this post a couple days ago when it first popped up and I thought to myself. Well, this is a good idea considering I had the strap on the regular touch. So I grab my strap, lol no pun intended. And start flipping my phone around, sliding the keyboard out, then flipped it around some more. I didn't see anything for the strap like the regular touch. So I took off the battery cover and I DID see the little T at the bottom of the phone, but my thoughts weren't this looks like where I put my strap, lol. I thought hmmmmm this looks like it kinds connects to the usb maybe hold it into place. Then told myself, I better leave that alone, although I only glanced at it and didn't inspect it. Then thought how the hell did he get this on his phone, lol. Well now all I can say is I feel DUMB lol good job OP
I'm curious as to why the phone just didn't come with a strap to begin with. I mean it's obviously designed with a strap attachment in mind.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

bkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
I'm curious as to why the phone just didn't come with a strap to begin with. I mean it's obviously designed with a strap attachment in mind.
That would take common sense and probably some garbage about trying to cut production cost (like the strap costs a ton of money). I have never had a need for a strap until I rode the MAX train and saw how people get bumped around and drop their phones. As one poster stated "He used a strap from the Wii", I had two extra because I bough those NFL face plates and it came with a blue and red strap. Some may not think it looks cool or manly but it saves you from dropping the phone and besides who really cares what strangers think of them? I know I don't, .

To the OP, the strap you made looks great and is probably more secure then the store bough brands.
Gadget/Phone History: Motorola DynaTAC 8000x; Casio BOSS; Palm Vx; Palm m130; Palm Tungsten T; Sanyo 7300; Sanyo Katana; PPC-6700; Titan; Mogul; Touch Pro, Palm Pre; HTC EVO, Motorola Photon; Samsung Galaxy Note 2 .
Old 05-22-2009, 04:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

zepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

All my SONY ERICSSON phones came with a strap. My Mogul and My TP were the first to not have a strap for me.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstevens View Post
What super case from Sprint?
I don't know the case name, but I posted a picture. I purchased it directly from the Sprint corp store on 13th & Chestnut here in Philadelphia.

http://www.thinkist.net/misc-files/tp-case.jpg (Will adjust size later when home)

Not shown in the pic, but it also has a swivel locking belt clip so I never have to worry about risking the phone falling when I'm biking or the like.
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail
Old 05-22-2009, 05:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

zepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

What ever happened to those little pager bungees? If one were to modify one, it could work with a phone...
Old 05-23-2009, 02:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W (Sprint Touch Pro 2 CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepsamsung View Post
Take off the battery cover, at the bottom is a small hole, slip the fishing line or thread through the hole. Look at the bottom of the Phone, there in the bottom center is a place to put the loop over. Then put the back cover on. Gently pull the cover to make sure it is connected good.

They may not be in style but when your phone is valued at almost $600, who cares about style.
Wow. I never even considered that might be the attachment point. Style doesn't matter to me. Shattered phones do. Thanks for the pointer.

Is this even in the manual? If not, this really belongs in the Essentials sticky thread.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W (Sprint Touch Pro 2 CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepsamsung View Post
A person can have a stroke at any age, just like a heart attack.
The youngest I ever saw was actually prenatal. We like to think serious medical problems don't affect the young, but they do. My daughter died of cancer at 16 months.

Don't even get me started about preventable problems (smoking, not wearing helmets, etc.) causing premature and serious problems in the young.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro