PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2009, 04:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: sprint

Bticeman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Whats The Best Rom???

OK I WANNA KNOW WHATS THE BEST ROM FOR THE TOUCH PRO IVE HAD IT FOR SOME MONTHS NOW AND SICK OF THE STOCK STUFF SO I NEED TO KNOW WHATS THE BEST ROM FOR IT I NEED BATTERY LIFE, QUICKER APP CHANGES AND B ABLE 2 CHANGE LIL THINGS ON IT SO IT CAN FIT ME MORE 2 MY LIKING!!!
Old 05-20-2009, 04:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

lilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to lilbitz_1018
Re: Whats The Best Rom???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bticeman View Post
OK I WANNA KNOW WHATS THE BEST ROM FOR THE TOUCH PRO IVE HAD IT FOR SOME MONTHS NOW AND SICK OF THE STOCK STUFF SO I NEED TO KNOW WHATS THE BEST ROM FOR IT I NEED BATTERY LIFE, QUICKER APP CHANGES AND B ABLE 2 CHANGE LIL THINGS ON IT SO IT CAN FIT ME MORE 2 MY LIKING!!!
Hi again, =]
It all depends on what you like. as you stated you wanted it to your liking. There isnt really a "best ROM" out there but just ones that are different from the others. The most popular ones are MightyMike, Juicy, and Silence ROMS.
I'm running MIghtyMIke5 and Ive encountered no problems on it. Its windowsmobile 6.5 though so if you want to stick to 6.1 then his REBORN rom might work well for you. Good luck
Old 05-20-2009, 04:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009

What are your impressions of 6.5 so far? Is it faster/slower than 6.1? Lockups? Software Compatibility? Interface/feature changes? Im running stock right now and have never flashed my phone and I am thinking of trying out MightyRom 5 but im not sure if it is really worth it or if there isnt much of a difference.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker

lilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

As far as impression goes...Im IMPRESSED. I'd never go back to 6.1 at all!. There are a few kinks but nothing bad. It doesn't lock up for me on MR5. Almost everything being made and already made is perfectly compatible with 6.5. Interface is a huge difference for 1. The start menu is now the honeycomb type thing. and menus and notifications are also different now. MightyRom5 (MR5) is what I'm running and im truly happy with it...battery still dies quick for me because I do everything from this phone. but it might and should be well worth it for you.
Let me know if you need help with anything.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:55 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I'm on Juicy 7 and so far it is my favorite. It uses TF3D2 from the TP2 which in my opinion is waaaaaay better than the original TF3D. However, not everything in the TF3D2 port is working (cannot dial from contacts tab, I dont use it anyway so it doesn't matter). So far after a little over a week it is still very stable and fast. It uses WM 6.5 instead of 6.1. I love 6.5, I hope I never have to use 6.1 again. I'll wait to upgrade to a TP2 and/or Diamond 2 until someone has cooked up a nice 6.5 ROM (preferrably one of my favorite chefs, cause I don't have the time or patience to cook my own).

As for your question of 'best for what you want,' only you can decide for yourself. I recommend trying various ROMs and seeing which is most to your liking.

Hope this helps.

BTW, Juicy is supposed to drop a new release this week so you may want to wait on the newest one if you want to flash Juicy7 although 5/12 is very stable and works well.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009

Hmm ive read that the Rhodium Manilla is still pretty buggy so I think ill stay away from that, plus im kinda more interested in trying out the new 6.5 interface (Titanium i think its called) hopefully that will save some battery life and speed as touch flo wont have to always be running. Im pretty much looking for a ROM that is very similar to the stock ROM but faster and with the new 6.5 interface, as my only problem really with the stock rom is that it slows down alot and the battery life is quite horrible. So what would be a quick yet stable 6.5 ROM with a good battery life( I would still like to have touchflo installed in case I ever want to use it).
Old 05-20-2009, 07:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose

Old 05-20-2009, 09:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I'm using MightyRom5 and its very stable for me. battery life is okay for me with heavy use as i use it heavily. try different roms out and see which one you like. most of them are 6.5 anyway.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerkhatiby009 View Post
So what would be a quick yet stable 6.5 ROM with a good battery life( I would still like to have touchflo installed in case I ever want to use it).
MR5 was my first ROM flash and I am pretty pleased with it. Had it for a week or so now. Comes with TF3D installed but not turned on. I've switched back and forth several times seeing which I like better. Titanium has promise with plug-ins for the home screen but ultimately I actually find TF3D more useful/faster.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc hero
Carrier: sprint

whatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to whatsleft4her

sss is really good also if you want rhodium tf3d.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro