PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   how do i unencrypt files om my micro sd card (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69245)

dee91 05-20-2009 03:46 PM

how do i unencrypt files om my micro sd card

ok i upgraded to mighty rom 4r3born or whatever but i had some of my files encrypted is it possible to retreive them some how as it will take for ever for me to get them back again....

MoonZ*BabysH 05-20-2009 04:00 PM

Re: how do i unencrypt files om my micro sd card

if you used a backup program just run the app again and choose the restore setting instead of back-up . hope that helps.

dee91 05-20-2009 09:54 PM

and if i didnt use a backup program i cant ever unencrypt them, b/c i didnt use a backup program so...

piranah 05-21-2009 12:14 AM

what you need to do is hook you phone up to the cpu...then open your phone on the cpu to find your files...when you get to your storage card, right click and go to prefs...it should give you options like read only, archive etc... then uncheck whatever is checked (probably read only)..hope this helps... i had the same problem and this worked for me...

haus 05-21-2009 01:50 AM

I thought, if you used the WM "storage card encryption" applet, that files were encrypted with a key that is generated after every hard reset (I thought that key generation was part of why it takes longer to boot the very first time). So after you hard reset a subsequent time, the files are generally considered non-recoverable by traditional means?

dee91 05-22-2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piranah (Post 927031)
what you need to do is hook you phone up to the cpu...then open your phone on the cpu to find your files...when you get to your storage card, right click and go to prefs...it should give you options like read only, archive etc... then uncheck whatever is checked (probably read only)..hope this helps... i had the same problem and this worked for me...

thanks will give it a try thanks again

ViciousTemptations 05-24-2009 01:15 AM

so? did it work? (=

frazell 05-24-2009 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haus (Post 927149)
I thought, if you used the WM "storage card encryption" applet, that files were encrypted with a key that is generated after every hard reset (I thought that key generation was part of why it takes longer to boot the very first time). So after you hard reset a subsequent time, the files are generally considered non-recoverable by traditional means?

You are correct.