PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2009, 06:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

ian3047 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Warranty phone was junk

So I had some issues with the home button not working and figured that with the chrome also flaking I better go online and request a warranty replacement. Of course it came next day free of charge but what they sent is what is annoying me. It was a way older and much more beat up than even my phone. One small scratch on the screen and tons of nicks to the black on the chrome. Then of course being a refurb it has no screen protector. It may seem small but I don't want to buy one when I used the one that came in the box with my original NEW phone and it has worked nicely. I should at least be given the same to replace it, and a phone that is worth a darn. I have gotten two refurbs over the years from Palm and they were mint with no issues. This is a joke. So now after fifteen transfers they got another one overnighted out to me. I asked what they are sending me this time and they just said a replacement and won't know till it's sent. So what do I do if I get another dud? I do at least want to also have my screen protector like I always have also. Why they would send out a phone is this condition is strange.

Last edited by ian3047; 05-14-2009 at 06:20 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:52 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: Warranty phone was junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian3047 View Post
So I had some issues with the home button not working and figured that with the chrome also flaking I better go online and request a warranty replacement. Of course it came next day free of charge but what they sent is what is annoying me. It was a way older and much more beat up than even my phone. One small scratch on the screen and tons of nicks to the black on the chrome. Then of course being a refurb it has no screen protector. It may seem small but I don't want to buy one when I used the one that came in the box with my original NEW phone and it has worked nicely. I should at least be given the same to replace it, and a phone that is worth a darn. I have gotten two refurbs over the years from Palm and they were mint with no issues. This is a joke. So now after fifteen transfers they got another one overnighted out to me. I asked what they are sending me this time and they just said a replacement and won't know till it's sent. So what do I do if I get another dud? I do at least want to also have my screen protector like I always have also. Why they would send out a phone is this condition is strange.
Weird, I can't imagine them sending a phone in that condition. Every singel replacement I've ever received from warranty or insurance has pretty much looked brand new, refurbished or not. There is a certain standard of quality and customer satisfaction that must be maintained. Thus, if they send you another dud, send it right until you get a phone of reasonable quality. I have always had very good luck with sprint. This really suprises me.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:01 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Here is wat you do, very simple. Send that crap back. be cool until you get a good or new one, eventually you will.

Last edited by NinjaMom; 05-14-2009 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Watch trying to get around the language filters!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

pastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good work

I hope they do the right thing and send you a new in the box unit. If it's another refurb, go over it with a fine tooth comb! I have had several refurbished devices in my day and never had a bad experience. That was untill my last Mogul replacement. It was a worn out piece of junk that should never have been given to a customer. Your TP and my Mogul may have been flukes, or Sprint/HTC has significantly lowered the bar for what they consider acceptible. Sort of the Game Stop method of refurbishment. Customer trades in unit, if it powers on it's considered refurbished and is sold to the next customer @ $$$, if it fails to power on or falls apart it's considered "good condition" and sold @ $$. FWIW, my complaints about that crappy Mogul got me a new in the box TP. Good luck!
Old 05-14-2009, 07:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbenz2008 View Post
Here is wat you do, very simple. Send that isht back. be cool until you get a good or new one, eventually you will.
....and I wouldn't worry too much bout the screen protector because the ones that are supplied with the phone is a joke. I bought a invisible shield for my Diamond and it was worth it!
Old 05-14-2009, 07:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Threadstarter

ian3047 is a n00b

Well I actually did like the sprint screen protector, not to say their are not better ones, but for free. The last guy said "so what do we need here a whole new phone" after he asked what I was getting at. Let me pass this along and get the order in and see what we can do. Next thing I new they said it's shipped and gave another order number. Haven't gotten the confirmation emailed so I know what I'm getting. I kept asking him what to do with the refurb, and he said they'd have to get back to me. Said the mailer I got was for my original phone and not to use it. So they just skipped over that refurb I have sitting here, which worries me. So I still see some calls ahead of me. But I hope to get this resolved. At least I'm not the only one to think a phone like this was a little below standards.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I feel your PAIN! I dropped my first phone and screwed up the chrome pretty good. So I took it to a service center to have the chrome replaced. I was more than willing to pay for it but they said...HEY! You have TEP we will get a new one! I said ok. My new phone came in the next day brand new but it would answer and hang up on people randomley so I took it back and I just got my replacement today.

The new (refurbed) phone I just got has numerous scratces on the screen and chrome. the chrome around the usb is all knicked up and you physically have to hold the USB charger in or it will fall out. The space bar is worn down and the keyboard feels as if it will fall off! This is totally unacceptable so I will be taking it back till I get one to my satisfaction!
Old 05-16-2009, 01:34 PM
DaFlowMaster

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Yeah man do that, you may even wanna try calling it in
Old 05-16-2009, 01:52 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yeah, I did that. They told me since I got it replaced at the repair center, I have to go there to get the replacement replaced. Unless YOU deal directly with sprint, it seems they dont give a crap that you paid 579 for the phone just so as long as it works. If my new replacement is messed up, I will be calling sprint again, but this time I will talk directly to retensions till I get a new one in the box.

It is to my understanding that a refurbished item is sent back to the original company and Any and all defective, broke, or worn parts are replaced including housings, casings, stands, buttons, chrome, and etc. It is supposed to look as if it came direct off the assembley line.

Last edited by gator352; 05-16-2009 at 01:57 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:52 PM
DaFlowMaster

Good luck man,

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro