PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2009, 10:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

blazin-asian is keeping up the good workblazin-asian is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to blazin-asian
just got insurance now i need a replacement TP

Hi everyone,

my ribbon cable has been messed up for the past couple weeks so the screen is unreadable when i open my TP. its very annoying since i bought it for the QWERTY kb. i was at the sprint store last night and they told me to call customer care to add insurance since it was open enrollment month for people without insurance.

i just added the $7 TEP and i need a replacement. apparently they have raised the deductible to $100, but problems like a messed up ribbon cable and chrome flaking off are not my fault! its a manufacturer defect, right??

is there a way i can get a replacement without the $100 deductible?

i just need a working phone again so i can flash =(

thanks!
Old 05-19-2009, 10:52 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: just got insurance now i need a replacement TP

from what I understand, they aren't supposed to cover damage taking place before you started the TEP plan. But how would they know eh?

regardless, something like a messed up ribbon/chrome flaking should be covered by the ESRP (extended warranty essentially) portion of the TEP. Go back to the store and get them to check your phone. They'll check your account to see if it has TEP, which it does now and either repair whats wrong, or order you a new phone without the deductible.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

blazin-asian is keeping up the good workblazin-asian is keeping up the good work

i was at the store yesterday and they looked at the phone and since it was after 30 days they couldnt give me a new one. they actually told me to add TEP over the phone because they couldnt do it in store with my SERO plan.

should i go back a couple days after TEP is added to get a new phone? it seems like several people are having the ribbon cable problem and its annoying as heck! they even told me to go through HTC, but i would be without a phone for 2 weeks probably
Old 05-19-2009, 10:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: PALM PRE
Carrier: VERIZON

gurrumino is just getting started

You can start a claim the day after you signed for the insurance. Just don't tell them that you made the damage days before. lol.

You can't avoid the 100 deductible. few weeks ago i lost my touch pro, and for 100 bucks (yeah, i know, too much) they sent a new touch pro sealed in box with accesories.

I tought i was getting a refrubrished one. Like my brother did last year with his diamond.

f*cking thieves.... 100 bucks!!!!

EDIT: go ahead and start the claim!!!. read the TOS: if you send them your demaged touch pro, they'll waive you the fee!!!. Just start the claim as a damaged returnable device.
You only have to pay if you don't return the demaged device.

Last edited by gurrumino; 05-19-2009 at 11:02 AM.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:59 AM
Jedi Master

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazin-asian View Post
i was at the store yesterday and they looked at the phone and since it was after 30 days they couldnt give me a new one. they actually told me to add TEP over the phone because they couldnt do it in store with my SERO plan.

should i go back a couple days after TEP is added to get a new phone? it seems like several people are having the ribbon cable problem and its annoying as heck! they even told me to go through HTC, but i would be without a phone for 2 weeks probably
Now that you have TEP you can go back and ask. TEP bundles 2 different plans together an insurance part (ERP) and an extended warranty part (ESRP)

Now that you have TEP added, they should honor the ESRP portion of your plan. See if you can flag down another rep and hope they don't give you trouble for coming back with the same problem but now have TEP.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

well, replacing a lost TP for $100 is justifiable but this is a manufacturer defect. i was going to remove TEP once i get my replacement because it should tide me over until the Touch Pro 2 comes out

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
Now that you have TEP you can go back and ask. TEP bundles 2 different plans together an insurance part (ERP) and an extended warranty part (ESRP)

Now that you have TEP added, they should honor the ESRP portion of your plan. See if you can flag down another rep and hope they don't give you trouble for coming back with the same problem but now have TEP.
thanks! i'll give it a shot. the rep was really nice and ive spoke with him before so im sure he wouldnt have a problem replacing it since i have TEP now. guess he needed me to add it to cover his butt.

Last edited by blazin-asian; 05-19-2009 at 11:03 AM.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:05 AM
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurrumino View Post
You can start a claim the day after you signed for the insurance. Just don't tell them that you made the damage days before. lol.

You can't avoid the 100 deductible. few weeks ago i lost my touch pro, and for 100 bucks (yeah, i know, too much) they sent a new touch pro sealed in box with accesories.

I tought i was getting a refrubrished one. Like my brother did last year with his diamond.

f*cking thieves.... 100 bucks!!!!

EDIT: go ahead and start the claim!!!. read the TOS: if you send them your demaged touch pro, they'll waive you the fee!!!. Just start the claim as a damaged returnable device.
You only have to pay if you don't return the demaged device.
The insurance is really only necessary if you had your phone stolen or lost, or if your phone was damaged in a way that voids warranty, i.e. water damage. ESRP pretty much covers everything else and has no deductible
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
The insurance is really only necessary if you had your phone stolen or lost, or if your phone was damaged in a way that voids warranty, i.e. water damage. ESRP pretty much covers everything else and has no deductible
oh nice! i hope thats true! thanks again
Old 05-19-2009, 11:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Back when I worked for Nextel (and again later for Sprint after the merger), any time a customer was in your situation--as in, phones manifesting structural defects after the 30 days--it was pretty much standard to sell them TEP and have them wait a few days to use the ESRP, instead of referring them to the phone manufacturer. Technically it's a no-no, but Sprint would rather have a happy customer paying $4-$7 more per month than a frusted customer with a broken phone.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:00 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ESRP will replace it, no cost as long as there isnt any liquid or physical damage. Chrome flakes arent considered PD. Also, if the phone is under one year old, and if there is a manufacturer defect (no liquid or physical damage) the service center can swap it out at no cost even if you dont have TEP/ESRP.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro