PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2009, 02:09 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: US Cellular

AmDD is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
combine contacts

i setup my email on my phone and it imported all my email addresses to my phone. is there a way to combine those with the contacts i already have? what i mean is in my email account i have "Mike" and "Matt" listed with their email address, on my cell i have the same people with only phone numbers. when it imported i have "mike and matt" listed twice, once for email and once for phone number. i have been using the stock/default contact manager and just downloaded Photo COntacts Pro to try... havnt found that feature in it yet.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

lilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to lilbitz_1018
Re: combine contacts

Thats happened to me before. All I did was copy and paste into the duplicate contact. I didnt have many emails so maybe it'll be harder for you. Good luck
Old 05-20-2009, 02:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmDD View Post
i setup my email on my phone and it imported all my email addresses to my phone. is there a way to combine those with the contacts i already have? what i mean is in my email account i have "Mike" and "Matt" listed with their email address, on my cell i have the same people with only phone numbers. when it imported i have "mike and matt" listed twice, once for email and once for phone number. i have been using the stock/default contact manager and just downloaded Photo COntacts Pro to try... havnt found that feature in it yet.
There is no easy or hasslefree way to do this that I know of. Your best bet is to sync with outlook on your PC, edit the contacts in Outlook (copy the email address from the email contacts into the phone contacts then delete the email contacts) then sync again and it should clear out the duplicate contacts. Doing it Outlook is easier than doing it on the phone directly and is worth the extra step of syncing. This is the down side of importing contacts from different sources, no system I have ever used has even been good, much less great, at avoiding duplicates.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:13 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: US Cellular
Threadstarter

AmDD is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceXMachine View Post
There is no easy or hasslefree way to do this that I know of. Your best bet is to sync with outlook on your PC, edit the contacts in Outlook (copy the email address from the email contacts into the phone contacts then delete the email contacts) then sync again and it should clear out the duplicate contacts. Doing it Outlook is easier than doing it on the phone directly and is worth the extra step of syncing. This is the down side of importing contacts from different sources, no system I have ever used has even been good, much less great, at avoiding duplicates.
ill give that a try. i actually dont use outlook at all. i have 2 email accounts i use, hotmail and gmail but i just goto the website to view my emails. i'll set it up and see what happens.

for being, what i would consider, a common problem you would think someone has come up with a solution... thanks for the info guys.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:27 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

google has thought of this and has an option to select 2 'contacts' and merge.
I found that out when I started using thier exchange service.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:52 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

btw, I ran into a tread of your from a few days back. I was going to reply, but I decided to check your other posts first and see what you had alreay tried. that's when I noticed that your threads read like a faq.
it's been a while since I looked at it but it may help you.
Touch Pro FAQ's
also helpful tips here

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro