PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Question for Spb Mobile 3.0 users (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=68979)

robj19 05-18-2009 08:18 AM

Question for Spb Mobile 3.0 users

I know there is a big thread about SPB and I've read through most of it and didnt see the answer so here goes. I just want to know if anybody is having the same issues i am having with it? It seems that 4-5 times a day i have to soft reset my phone because the messaging links get stuck on the SPB home screen. You'll get a text message and try to click on the launcher for txt or get an email and try to click on that launcher and nothing happens. I can click on anything else on the screen and the app will immediatly respond. Its just the messaging launchers. Even when I try to bypass the launcher by accessing the messaging from the programs list it still will not resond. So it needs to be soft reset to get it working. Anybody else having this problem and know how to fix it?

gorillaguzzler 05-18-2009 11:02 AM

Re: Question for Spb Mobile 3.0 users

Quote:

Originally Posted by robj19 (Post 921538)
I know there is a big thread about SPB and I've read through most of it and didnt see the answer so here goes. I just want to know if anybody is having the same issues i am having with it? It seems that 4-5 times a day i have to soft reset my phone because the messaging links get stuck on the SPB home screen. You'll get a text message and try to click on the launcher for txt or get an email and try to click on that launcher and nothing happens. I can click on anything else on the screen and the app will immediatly respond. Its just the messaging launchers. Even when I try to bypass the launcher by accessing the messaging from the programs list it still will not resond. So it needs to be soft reset to get it working. Anybody else having this problem and know how to fix it?

I would try a reinstall or even a hard reset. I have never had this issue using SPB.

HBOOT 05-18-2009 11:33 AM

Gorilla dude, no such prob here. I assume you have a good spb dowload with no corrupt files. I will start with removing spb ,soft reset and reinstall. Good luck man

Gargamel301 05-18-2009 11:38 AM

happens to me sometimes too, but not as frequently, maybe 2-3 times a week.

Yankees368 05-18-2009 11:45 AM

I have had that issue as well. Everything else will work fine, but the Messaging program will stall for quite a while. Have not had this issue in a while, though. (now that I have said that, it will probably happen several times today ;-) )

Biggzz 05-18-2009 01:25 PM

No issues here. Seems to be working just great but i used the exe. file and not the cab.

HBOOT 05-18-2009 01:29 PM

used cab here, no glitches...

robj19 05-18-2009 01:34 PM

IF I try the unistall and soft reset method, will i have to fight with SPB to get it tot work again or will the program automatically remember my device and account and still work.

HBOOT 05-18-2009 01:52 PM

it wil work alright man, no worries

jeffH70 05-18-2009 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robj19 (Post 922031)
IF I try the unistall and soft reset method, will i have to fight with SPB to get it tot work again or will the program automatically remember my device and account and still work.

If you meant the software registration, it stays on the PPC unless you hard reset the phone. If you meant the software configuration, you can backup the setting and then import that setting once you reinstall the software. Always uninstall software, soft reset, then install to make sure everything is removed.

Jeff