PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2009, 12:55 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Beejive

Quote:
Originally Posted by regression View Post
Hmm, when I use OZ, I get pop ups as long as the screen is on, but once it goes to sleep mode, I don't get the notifications anymore....
another reason i like nimbuzz better.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

regression is keeping up the good workregression is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
another reason i like nimbuzz better.
I'll have to give that a try. I have been using Palringo, but always up to try out new software. Thanks.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

wjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to wjrandon Send a message via Yahoo to wjrandon

Everyone be careful using OZ Communicator, I believe that every message sent or received using that program counts as a SMS message, so make sure you have unlimited text messages on your account before you start using it heavily.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjrandon View Post
Everyone be careful using OZ Communicator, I believe that every message sent or received using that program counts as a SMS message, so make sure you have unlimited text messages on your account before you start using it heavily.
I have heard the same thing, but every time I use the stock IM app on the Touch Pro, it only uses data. Perhaps an older version of OZ used SMS?
Old 05-18-2009, 09:01 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
I have heard the same thing, but every time I use the stock IM app on the Touch Pro, it only uses data. Perhaps an older version of OZ used SMS?
the stock oz messenger app on the touch pro uses data and text message, it even tells you as you are signing in. When oz messenger is open and you are transmitting data its not using messenging for every message, but when oz is closed you can still receive messages and when its closed and you receive a message that uses a text message.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
the stock oz messenger app on the touch pro uses data and text message, it even tells you as you are signing in. When oz messenger is open and you are transmitting data its not using messenging for every message, but when oz is closed you can still receive messages and when its closed and you receive a message that uses a text message.
I just tried that, closing OZ and the screen is off. I received an IM, but no text message. It looks like I have version 2.0.77.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:50 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
I just tried that, closing OZ and the screen is off. I received an IM, but no text message. It looks like I have version 2.0.77.
I mean when you exit out of oz completely but you didn't sign out, you will not get an actual text message, but it uses the messaging application built into your phone to notify you.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:55 PM
Bay Area Boss

better way to explain it, imagine you have oz messenger running then you go to your task manager and stop all running programs. When someone sends you an im you will still get notified, that notification will come thru on oz messenger but that will use up one of your text messages. you will not have an actual text message in your text message area.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
better way to explain it, imagine you have oz messenger running then you go to your task manager and stop all running programs. When someone sends you an im you will still get notified, that notification will come thru on oz messenger but that will use up one of your text messages. you will not have an actual text message in your text message area.
Ah, that makes sense. I was expecting an actual text message. I guess because I hardly use it, I never noticed the "extra" text message being used. I still don't get notifications, but I'll stick with Palringo. I can use more services than the stock IM. Thanks for the explanation.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro