PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2009, 06:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

kcrowe is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Syncing...oops

Ok. So I was deleting the MS Office trials from my laptop. I use Open Office so I didn't need them. ......

I accidentally deleted Outlook as well. I totally forgot that is what is used for the phonebook. So next time I synced my phone, I lost ALL my contacts.

What can I do?

PS...if this is in the wrong forum..sorry, just move it and let me know! Thx!
Old 05-15-2009, 06:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

machineking369 is keeping up the good workmachineking369 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to machineking369
Re: Syncing...oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrowe View Post
Ok. So I was deleting the MS Office trials from my laptop. I use Open Office so I didn't need them. ......

I accidentally deleted Outlook as well. I totally forgot that is what is used for the phonebook. So next time I synced my phone, I lost ALL my contacts.

What can I do?

PS...if this is in the wrong forum..sorry, just move it and let me know! Thx!
Man that sucks. Do you have saved restore points on your computer? if so you could restore your computer to like last week or something and reload the contacts.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:53 PM
Ichisan

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I Think Windows does save or have restoration points automatically just like king369 said restore your PC settings to a previous setting, it might work. Good luck, on the side note I always double save my contacts with PC and dashwire, just in case something happens to one.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:15 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Yo ooops man, you may want to try to redowload Outlook and try to get PST archive file back in it (import..locate it)...if all fails
Old 05-15-2009, 07:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epix
Carrier: AT&T

ianderson_76 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to ianderson_76 Send a message via Yahoo to ianderson_76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichisan View Post
I Think Windows does save or have restoration points automatically just like king369 said restore your PC settings to a previous setting, it might work. Good luck, on the side note I always double save my contacts with PC and dashwire, just in case something happens to one.

That is only if you set up the PC to make a restore point like everyday (uses hard drive space). Try the backup, but if that does not work, I believe you are screwed. The best way to get aroudn this, is to have multiple backups in the first place. I use My Phone, Flexilis and Windows Live all at the same time. I have a backup on Dashwire and Google Sync, just in case. They are free, so use them.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

speck is becoming a great contributor

I don't know whether Outlook contacts are stored in the .pst file, but check in the directory C:\Documents and Settings\your user name\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook. I don't think it gets deleted in an un-install. You'd have to re-install outlook to use it. Good luck.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

kcrowe is a n00b

I did a system restore back to the point where I uninstalled Office and Outlook. After that it says both are not on the computer. I assume because they are trials.

I searched for the .pst file. None on my computer at all. Guess I'll have to input them all in the old fashioned way.

I can't reinstall Outlook as I don't have it and don't want it. I use Eudora for mail. What other programs are there that I can input the numbers on the PC? It will be soooo much easier that way.

Thanks for all your suggestions!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro