PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2009, 11:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery cover that hides camera?

I was showing a friend my TP and he remarked that he might like it if it was thinner and I told him about the Diamond. But where we both work is a place that essentially forbids camera phones. Does anyone know of a battery cover for the TP or Diamond that completely covers up the camera? Something stock looking, of course. I figure that ought to be good enough. Better than having to cover the camera with your fingers while using the phone, anyway.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

akastixx is keeping up the good workakastixx is keeping up the good work
Re: Battery cover that hides camera?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevm14 View Post
I was showing a friend my TP and he remarked that he might like it if it was thinner and I told him about the Diamond. But where we both work is a place that essentially forbids camera phones. Does anyone know of a battery cover for the TP or Diamond that completely covers up the camera? Something stock looking, of course. I figure that ought to be good enough. Better than having to cover the camera with your fingers while using the phone, anyway.
your friend can just spraypaint the back cover.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

That seems like it would still be a dead giveaway. The clear plastic, even if you sanded it, would still look like a camera was supposed to be there.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

lajuane is a n00b

I would also be interested in this. My job has the same policy. No camera phones! I'd love to just find a battery cover that covers the camera.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:40 AM
d94
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

d94 is just getting started

yepp, been thikin aout his for a while no bothwith my iamond and TP i tried a few things at work, but it'd deff need to be sanded, the empty spot filled in and then painted to do a oem kinda job

Mogul > Diamond FREE, $75 inconvenience credit
$42/mo 1250 min unlimited txt/data + TEP
<sprint tech>
Old 05-16-2009, 12:09 PM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

why not look for a leather case or pouch maybe they make something for iphone but will keep the phone usable while in the case. guess they slideout keyboard wouldnt work but if he got a diamond then that wouldnt matter.

do u work at a prison or something

Old 05-16-2009, 01:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

lajuane is a n00b

Naw, work for the govt. and around work that requires a security clearance so it's understandable for the rule, it just sucks for my phone.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:56 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

No back cover would do that since it is removing an important function for the device. tghe only way is to cover it doing some sort of DIY job
Old 05-16-2009, 03:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

One idea that comes to mind would be to carefully tape over the silver part of the back cover, then sand / rough up the shiny part, spray it black with plastic paint, then cover it a couple of times with a glossy clear coat, and see how that looks. It'll be a wear item so if it were me I'd use clear automotive wheel paint for the last steps. You could try it on a piece of plexiglass from the hardware store first to get a sense of how it might turn out.

But the other question is...does simply "covering" the camera really satisfy the security requirements? Technically you could take the back cover off and snap photos. So it may not be worth it, esp. if you get caught with a phone model that is known / presumed to have a camera.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post
But the other question is...does simply "covering" the camera really satisfy the security requirements? Technically you could take the back cover off and snap photos. So it may not be worth it, esp. if you get caught with a phone model that is known / presumed to have a camera.
No, it does not satisfy security requirements. But they are known to be enforced in a lax manner. The case doesn't help because while talking on the phone I feel like I need to cover the camera with my fingers to avoid attention. As long as I don't go around bragging about the camera in my phone, if I had a cover that completely hid the camera, I think I'd be all set.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro