PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 10:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch PRo
Carrier: Sprint

67chevelle is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
help with unlocking phone!

when i run the HSPL_037 program thing it goes to where it updates the rom image on my phone but about 15seconds in i get a error 202 error. it says that the phone isnt connected but active sync is running and says its connected. i read the thread on unlocking and downloaded the manual SSPL unlocked but it says sspl manual.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close, we are sorry for the inconvenience and the only option is to close. can someone please help? should i hard reset? i read the first 6 pages of the unlocked thread and nothing helped. thisis my first time flashing a custom rom so please forgive my question. im going with mighty mikes rom btw. thank you!
Old 03-05-2009, 02:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: help with unlocking phone!

Do you have the latest version of .net framework installed on your computer?
Old 03-05-2009, 10:32 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

67chevelle is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle4269 View Post
Do you have the latest version of .net framework installed on your computer?
yes, i even checked in add/remove programs and 3.5 is in there...along with 1.1, 1.1 hotfix, 2.0service pack 1, and 3.0 service pack 1. do i need all the others?
Old 03-05-2009, 11:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!

RONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuff

Did you try this step?

NOTE 2: anyone having problems with the device entering SSPL automatically, please copy SSPLManual.exe from the SSPLManual.zip attachment to the device and run it. then once the screen is in SSPL, run RUU manually. i.e. you run the RUU on the PC, if it isn't obvious.
make sure to get SSPL-Manual specifically for Verizon phones from the verizon package.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:14 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

67chevelle is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONMAC View Post
Did you try this step?

NOTE 2: anyone having problems with the device entering SSPL automatically, please copy SSPLManual.exe from the SSPLManual.zip attachment to the device and run it. then once the screen is in SSPL, run RUU manually. i.e. you run the RUU on the PC, if it isn't obvious.
make sure to get SSPL-Manual specifically for Verizon phones from the verizon package.
do i dl that onto my computer then put it onto my phone, then open it and run it from the phone, then while thats running, do i run the unlocker on my pc? and where do i save the unlocker? on my pc its saved to my docs, should it be saved to the harddrive?
Old 03-05-2009, 12:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67chevelle View Post
do i dl that onto my computer then put it onto my phone, then open it and run it from the phone, then while thats running, do i run the unlocker on my pc? and where do i save the unlocker? on my pc its saved to my docs, should it be saved to the harddrive?

Yes you download that and then put it onto your phone. Run that program from your phone...Then run the unlocker on your computer.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

RONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67chevelle View Post
From what I have read, you would place it on your TP and run it there. Once that set your phone in the correct mode, you then run the RUU on your pc while the TP is connected to your device.

I have never run this so I am not speaking from experience but the person who wrote the directions has much more experience than I.

Please let me know if you are able to get this to work correctly.

I will mess around with it on my phone as well to see how it works.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Ok so I have done what the instructions said and ran into no problem.

The manuel sspl file was copied to my documents on my phone.

I connected my phone to my PC and then used the file manager on my phone to find and launch the SSPL file.

Once the rainbow screen came up on my phone, I launched the unlocker RUU and followed the directions.

Once it completed, my phone reset and all is good in the world.

Keep me posted.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:32 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

67chevelle is a n00b

one more question, when i start the flashing process and dl RUU.ziup attachment where do i put the rom? i saved the RUU.zip to desktop. do i open the RUU folder then just paste or drag the rom folder to inside that folder? or do i highlight the folder and extract it to desktop? so far i have the RUU folder extracted to desktop. i guess i put the rom in that folder on the desktop? sorry for the questions. i just want to make sure i dont mess up since this is my very first time.

EDIT: just ran the manual things from the phone and ran the unlocker on my pc and it worked! wen to bootloader mode then installed rom image thing. phone just restarted. can i use the phone right now while its unlocked or should i not use it until im ready to flash? thanks!!

Last edited by 67chevelle; 03-05-2009 at 11:36 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:51 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Save the RUU file to the desktop and extract it.

ONce thats done just click on it and follow the directions.

Make sure you have 50 percent charge and your phone is connect to your PC before you start.

Glad to hear about the unlocker and yes, it is perfectly safe to use. All you have done is taken the carrier lock off the phone so the ROM can be manipulated or changed.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro