PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   whats CRASHING MY TP running Mighty 5? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=68758)

STEVEB@LYNDABAKER.COM 05-16-2009 08:28 AM

whats CRASHING MY TP running Mighty 5?

If anyone cares to comment on this I would appreciate it.

Running mighty 5 may 8th my TP has been crashing at the end of the day. has happened twice. the symptoms are that it just vibrates without doing anything else or showing any display. if i cold boot , warm boot, remove batt , still happens.

the only additional CAB i had loaded was new MMS that was for the PALM.

I can only get it into the bootloader , nothing else.

the only way i can get it back is to flash a stock rom. Then I can reflash the Mighty 5. again.

I decided to downgrade to Mightys 6.1 rom to see if it happens there, so its only been a few hours like this.

I did have copper for a few days with no issues and I did have Mighty 5 May 7th for a few days and that worked too. so im thinking it may be the may 8th ROM. Or its just me :) !!

Steve

Big D5 05-16-2009 08:46 AM

Re: whats CRASHING MY TP running Mighty 5?

Moved to Main TP Forum

I am not currently using Mighty's ROM but you would probably have a better chance of finding an answer to your question if you post it in the ROM thread.

STEVEB@LYNDABAKER.COM 05-16-2009 02:05 PM

im going to add a reply to my post incase noone else does and i dont want to feel like a louser!

im going to reflash with May 8th 6.5 but this time ill omit the Arcsoft 5.0.82.79 and go back to the mms version picture mail 1.16.4 and see if that was contributing to the problem.

banzaiwolfe 05-16-2009 02:52 PM

If it is still happening after your reflash to MR5, you may want to try re-downloading if you haven't already. Also, once you flash and it goes through initial setup, try doing a hard reset again before doing any of your own customizations.

STEVEB@LYNDABAKER.COM 05-17-2009 07:03 AM

reflashed it with the change to mms as above , plus i made sure i hard booted it after the flash. so far so good! thanks

JoePuetoRico 05-17-2009 08:18 AM

if it still happens redownload mr5 when you downloded it from the first source might have been or become currupted it happened to me and my touch pro was crashing so I went back to stock then found out later it was an erreo downloading the rom .....well that was my problem anyway

Giovanny 05-17-2009 09:20 AM

If this still happes after you keep flashing it tha I would suggest going back to the stok ROM than flash back to MR5 again.

filly444 05-17-2009 11:28 AM

My TP is having the same problem. It tries to load regularly and set up the phone again at the same time. Really crazy

STEVEB@LYNDABAKER.COM 05-18-2009 11:34 PM

im going to continue with this while im still having problems. My TP crashed again after about two days. it was running may 8 of Mighty 6.5. I also had installed , MMS version picture mail 1.16.4, Plus a version of sprint Nav dated Jan 31st 09. I can run the stock rom no , but I love the 6.5 interface, so im going to download it again incase my download was curruped as joepuertorico has suggested. at least I know its not the phone because i can get it up again running the stock rom.

Ranger093 05-18-2009 11:46 PM

Ditch MR5