PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   I dont like windows 6.5 as much as 6.1 do you and why? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=68746)

ahawke01 05-16-2009 02:25 AM

I dont like windows 6.5 as much as 6.1 do you and why?

Hi everyone,
I don't know about you but I have flashed and used almost every ROM on this sit including the SPB sub shell's. I have enjoyed alot of them and I did not enjoy some but I guess its a personal thing. I started this tread because I wanted to let our ROM building people know what I like to help provide what the users want. I would like a 6.1 ROM with the 3dtf with an opperational calendar, music, weather (with your cities in it) all on the main page. I want to see it move lightening fast and have alot of icons that look better than a plan black and white icon. I would like the bluetooth to function with the phone to allow me to listen to music through it so I dont have to buy a new sterio bluetooth head set but just use what I already have. I love alot of the new extra's that clean my Ram and make the phones function with a flashlight etc....... I would also like the responce time to be perfect with the slide of the phone cause if it is not quick then it isnt good.

I am posting this because I would like to start a tread asking for things in the ROMS that we want and use to help and improve some of these ok ROMs out there. I work with a large corp company and my phone is my life esp... when I travel so it is nice to watch movies on it and have games that are fun and unlocked. I really love my phone and I love this site and I thank each of you for all your work and I ask all the other PRO lovers out there to post what you would like to see in a ROM to continue to path of creating the best ROMS online. Please post your Rom Ideas and please give me a thanks for the idea.

Techs,
Please review these to help you guys continue to build these great programs that we all enjoy and honestly it would be hard to live without for some of us. :)

ACoolGuy 05-16-2009 03:02 AM

Re: I dont like windows 6.5 as much as 6.1 do you and why?

Mighty Mikes REBORN 4 would be perfect for you. His theme addons also would spice things up a bit for TF3D.

Big D5 05-16-2009 09:02 AM

Moved to Main TP Forum

You might check out this thread

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=67561

machineking369 05-16-2009 09:19 AM

I'm not really that much of a fan of 6.5 either. I don't really like the fact that the drop down start menu is gone. I don't like that i have to go through 10 hacks to get sprint's version of TF3D enabled (i just like sprint's TF3D best). I do like the scrolling though. It's 20x better on 6.5 then on 6.1. I like that the contacts photos show up in the contact menu directly before you hit the contact. I like the big new program icons. I'm a little bit dissapointed with how the lock screen works. And overall It's EXTREMELY slow. I've tried many 6.5 roms so far and their all slow.

selders59 05-16-2009 10:02 AM

Personally I have gotten to like the function and usability of 6.5 . Yes you do have to get used to it but what is also nice is you can also have TF3D2 just by going to settings/today screen/items/uncheck windows default. This way if your mood changes use either one. I am running Dodge-Longhorns latest 21222 build and it has been working great. You guys should try it. Decent battery life and decent speed and so far everything works with no problems.

kevm14 05-16-2009 10:33 AM

Quite simply, 6.5 is well worth it for me, just for the scrolling. Everything else will get brought up to par over time, so I can fairly confidently say goodbye to 6.1. MR5 was my very first ROM flash, btw.

I have TF3D enabled. It runs well. HTC volume control worked out of the box for me. WM6.5 slide to answer/ignore worked out of the box with TF3D. I didn't think it was supposed to but I was thrilled to say the least.

The phone, data, GPS, everything worked out of the box. I did a hard reset after flashing but I did play around with it before hard resetting and it seemed to work there, too.

molitar 05-17-2009 12:35 PM

What I hate about 6.5 is the lost of the start menu that was still a good useable quick shortcuts for applications that I used often in any UI that I used. The next thing I hate about 6.5 is the honeycomb grid does not allow re-ordering of the shortcuts except to move to top and bottom.. no just move up or down and no sort by alphabet so often was hard to find the shortcut I wanted. As well as the scrollbar is non-existant in programs now making it easy to accidently click on what you did not want. No to me remembering this made me realize it was fun to play with but for actually using it.. it was a nightmare.

For everyday use 6.1 is more practical to use. I have to ask HOW can anyone say WM 6.5 new honeycomb is better? I had to keep saying to someone I was going to show something too hold on I will find the program here shortly and scrolling and scrolling looking for it because it wasn't in damn alphabetical order! Now that was just an embarrassment!

dkirkwoodjr 05-17-2009 01:04 PM

I got a cheap little $30 plantronics bluetooth earpiece that doesn't do stereo, but I did find a little program out there I use all the time now, which isnt the greatest quality as I think it converts stereo to mono and sends it out, but... good enough for me... acbToggleBT that I run on wm6.1 and wm6.5... You have to get used to which actions will auto turn it off, like taking a call and then hanging up, etc.

1999TL 05-17-2009 03:25 PM

I got bored with 6.1 and I just flashed Mighty 5 last night. Titanium is actually quite nice. the ability to switch back and forth with Manilla is great.

However, the main reason why I usually run 4.16 or R3born from Mighty is that wm 6.5 roms have a keyboard lag. Doesn't seem to be fixed in the newest Mighty 5 either. I was holding my breath. Oh well, can live with it for now. I should get used to it since a RTM build has been released.

Molitar: showaco released an app to organize the start menu. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=481379

FabNMun 05-17-2009 03:45 PM

well i've tried 6.5 roms as well. personally i just stick with 6.1 and xbmod's rhodium, they work good and you'll get a new start menu.

lately i've been going back to the stock rom and just adding in little fixes it needs. so that means going back to 6.1, which isn't too bad really. i just hate the antiquated windows look :\ but it's still functional, solid, and stable.