PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2009, 05:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I dont like windows 6.5 as much as 6.1 do you and why?

I was like that
I hated wm 6.5. And then I made my own rom for wm 6.5 with a verizon touch pro no doubt. And I have to admit it was fantastic. I love the improved battery life, the scroll and even touch flo 3d 2 runs very well in it. Most of all, with the windows default interface, I have 47% ram after startup. With touchflo 3d, 59% consistently.

Finally I can see what people are talking about. This may be a good OS
Old 05-17-2009, 05:55 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

6.5 is indeed an awesome OS... My only gripe is the developers could have made the Start menu a little bit more customizable AND.... for those of you who don't like the new Start menu, the ability to toggle between the two. But who knows, we've only been exposed to betas... the release is around the corner...
Old 05-18-2009, 10:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
For everyday use 6.1 is more practical to use. I have to ask HOW can anyone say WM 6.5 new honeycomb is better? I had to keep saying to someone I was going to show something too hold on I will find the program here shortly and scrolling and scrolling looking for it because it wasn't in damn alphabetical order! Now that was just an embarrassment!
I use TF3D with 6.5 so I only hit Start to get to Settings. But the scrolling works so much better. An accidental click is extremely rare. There is no reason for a scroll bar. And not that you'll want to hear this but you probably have way too much stuff on your phone if you can't find something in your programs list. The stuff I have in my phone is the stuff I use, not 59 cabs of programs I use only when I want to show something useless to my friends.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

gimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to gimme5

I prefer 6.1. Running juicy's 090328H with TF3D2 and windows 6.1. what I don't like in 6.5 is the loss of the MRU and that if you need to change several settings, it just takes so many presses!

Also, for me, 6.5 didn't play nice with my WiFi settings for some reason.

MobileSpeedtest.com (yes, that's my site)
Old 05-18-2009, 10:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevm14 View Post
There is no reason for a scroll bar. And not that you'll want to hear this but you probably have way too much stuff on your phone if you can't find something in your programs list. .
Boy, that's a pretty arbitrary statement (& total BS in my case.........)

I have a TON of programs/Apps installed, I use every single one of them & I have switched back to 6.1 three times now because that 6.5 setup makes the system much less efficient IMHO.

I use scroll bars all the time (I made them wider so they are totally finger friendly). That honeycomb setup 100% falls into the "totally useless & annoying eye candy" category in my book......

~John
Old 05-18-2009, 10:40 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

well you can reorganize your start menu now...http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=481379
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:40 AM
boostedbanana is VIP!!
Pocket PC: Supercharged EVO with 3000mah of boost!!

stanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIP

I have tried to use and like 6.5, but 6.1 with TF3D is so much more functional for me. Plus I hate having everything on the home screen, it just looks cluttered and out-dated in my opinion. I'm sticking with 6.1 and TF3D

Modding phones and modding Mustangs..
My white Evo with a black battery door is SEXY!!
Old 05-18-2009, 11:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by machineking369 View Post
I'm not really that much of a fan of 6.5 either. I don't really like the fact that the drop down start menu is gone. I don't like that i have to go through 10 hacks to get sprint's version of TF3D enabled (i just like sprint's TF3D best). I do like the scrolling though. It's 20x better on 6.5 then on 6.1. I like that the contacts photos show up in the contact menu directly before you hit the contact. I like the big new program icons. I'm a little bit dissapointed with how the lock screen works. And overall It's EXTREMELY slow. I've tried many 6.5 roms so far and their all slow.
You couldnt have tried my 6.5. Its exactly what you want. I have a sprint specific version with the Sprint original TF3D ;c) Oh, and its certainly NOT slow.

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 05-18-2009, 11:19 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: X51v

Technology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the community
Talking Re: I dont like windows 6.5 as much as 6.1 do you and why?

I just love my new 6.5 TriPod/Quad Mode TF3D/2D/Spb/WPanel/Cam/WorldDataSystem/Xweather and more, now my TP'S are full functional worldwide data centers on the home screen right in the palms of my hands with global TV... I don't believe I will be going back the other way any time soon... Some people are afraid of change, I love innovations and innovative positive people... I have none of the problems that are mention here in this thread, like menu order, come on dudes... Well Microsoft just released the RTM 6.5 software, so you might as well get use to it now....{lol}
Old 05-18-2009, 11:59 AM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
well you can reorganize your start menu now...http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=481379
Good lookin out..... didn't even know about this...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro