PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2009, 01:42 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pro + Active Sync + XP Pro = Big Trouble in Litle China

Ok... I have gone mad this afternoon. All my tricks have failed and for the past 4 hours I have not been able to freaaking get my PC to recognize my pro. And whats worse is it freaking recognizes my Touch and Mogul just fine. but the pro, under device manager it shows up as unknown device. I wanna just lay a whoopin on this! Help!
Old 05-16-2009, 01:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: Pro + Active Sync + XP Pro = Big Trouble in Litle China

Not sure what you've tried, but how about uninstalling the unknown device and trying a different usb port on the computer?
Old 05-16-2009, 02:02 AM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
Not sure what you've tried, but how about uninstalling the unknown device and trying a different usb port on the computer?

Did that already! I tried evrything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just notice my screen has the rainbow eefect on it! What thew FFF does that mean? I know theres some threads out there about this issue, is there a answer why this happens?
Old 05-16-2009, 02:07 AM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Did that already! I tried evrything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just notice my screen has the rainbow eefect on it! What thew FFF does that mean? I know theres some threads out there about this issue, is there a answer why this happens?
There are several suggestions as to why it's happening. Some people say it's from heat or humidity, or from the screen being pressed real hard. It happen to me about a month ago. I had the phone in my front pocket and leaned over a counter and all my body weight pushed on the phone agaist the counter. I pulled it out of my pocket real quick to check if i had damaged it and there it was.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:11 AM
VIP Member

Did you try re-installing activesync?
Old 05-16-2009, 02:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff

Change the USB to PC mode on the phone to switch it from Serial USB/RNDIS. Its highly unlikely that you can experience the same issue in both modes.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:13 AM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Yup, unistalled it and reinstall active sync. Whats funny is that it detects my old mogula nd touch just fine. Im also on stock.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:16 AM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Having you tried connecting via blue tooth.....
Old 05-16-2009, 02:22 AM
Banned User
Threadstarter

I dont have bt on my pc. So no.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:32 AM
VIP Member

I know i mentioned trying a different usb port earlier, but did you try one that's on the rear panel that's on the motherboard? Also, what about different usb cable, and disabling advanced network functionality.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro